Wurm Online on Pyra

trix

Very Active Member
Hello,

I'm just wondering if it's possible to play a java game called Wurm Online on the Pyra. I've been playing this game for years and it can run on a pretty low-spec PC and thanks to java works great on Linux. I don't know if it works on ARM though, any chance someone else does?

It's a free-to-play survival MMO that would be amazing on the Pyra due to being the grindiest game I've ever played.

Maybe someone with a Pyra can check it out for me? If it works I can easily talk some of the folks I play with into ordering a Pyra. I even sometimes use remote desktop to control Wurm Online on my PC from my smartphone, just to grind skills while i'm away from home. A full copy of the game on a hand-held would be a million times better.

Thanks!

It should do. Apparently these days the reference implementation is OpenJDK, but it's always possible old code needs an old JDK with some GUI requirements that never got open sourced. If this runs on stock android I guess that's unlikely though.

but it's always possible old code needs an old JDK with some GUI requirements that never got open sourced.
It's more likely that you'll run into unavailable native shared libraries first. Using native libraries in Java is actually a thing.

Yeah, I remember trying to write native classes back when I used to code Java. But if this runs on Windows and Android there are unlikely to be any of those it depends on.

Loving this game but it's difficult. Playing on PS4 and don't have any friends really playing this. Gimped_ogre..

Loving this game but it's difficult. Playing on PS4 and don't have any friends really playing this.
Once the Pyra is out, create a new thread, and invite ppl to play together at certain date and time.

Yeah, I remember trying to write native classes back when I used to code Java. But if this runs on Windows and Android there are unlikely to be any of those it depends on.

It runs on Windows and Linux, using Java. It uses LWJGL for the graphics which is why I'm worried it might not work on a Pyra.

Loving this game but it's difficult. Playing on PS4 and don't have any friends really playing this. Gimped_ogre..

PS4? I believe you are thinking of a different game. I'm talking about https://www.wurmonline.com/

Sorry for the gravedig, I forgot about this thread but still really want to play Wurm on the Pyra.

Last edited:
official site said:
Trade in-game items and services for virtual or real life currency

You: "Hey, buy my sword !!"
Pal: "Here take my money !!"
You: :cool:

Yes, that site makes it read like it's the very digital crack I want no part of whatsoever, but if others wish to sell their soul, I try not to stop them.

Last edited:
So does Minecraft. GL Shim works there. Unless it doesn't in the more recent updates.

Interesting. Makes sense, Notch (Minecraft creator) was the co-creator of Wurm Online before he left to make Minecraft on his own.

In fact I pretty much consider Wurm Online to be Minecraft for adults with ample patience. There is no deeper sandbox.

Anyway I was kind of hoping someone with a prototype could maybe give it a shot? It's free to play. I'm not sure how many are out there yet so I understand if a definitive answer takes Two Months or so.

Back