Wow, Zot Doesn't Look So Tough..

IntenseWage

Website
Visit site
I'm excited about trying some things with ZOT. It looks like something tough to start, but it's all very intuitive and simple. I'm sure it wouldn't take long to get the hang of using it. Gives a surprising amount of options and freedom for being a tile-based engine, too. Way to go, Skeezix. :D

since i couldnt find a page with all differneces between div<->fenix i stopped trying to port fenix games, so i'll have a look at the tutorial for zot! later when i find some time :)

And if anyone wants to wrtite a tutorial, feel free ;) I'm having a hard enoguh time keeping up with making the ref guide.. the 024 version (GBAX) has a pile of stuff added thats not in the docs yet.

(ie: Variables that belong to mobs, so you can do stuff like "variable-sub _into.health 5" to drop a mobs health by 5 when he gets hit, for instance. Craaazy :)

ITs designed to be simple, but it is a little verbose (long); I'll likely try and add some conveniance sugar to it, so as to make it easier to whip stuff up and have the engine build the config for you a little.

(ie: I often havbe triggers fire off an action-group instead of just a single action. So I always end up defiing an action group, and then the trigger to call it; why not allow multiple actions in the trigger, and have the engine build the action group for you, to avoid you having to pre-declare it all?)

But anyway.. :)

jeff

This is the only note I've seen for the new features of v24. :(

The Zot mailing list is up and down and i've been searching high and low to find out how to kill of a sprite. Now I know I can find some sort of vague answers in the GBAX demo that comes with Zot...

:)

my wip: http://www.ewtoo.org/~matt/chipschallenge/

matt

Back