Wow, The N-gage Must Be Awesome!!

Phil posted on Apr 24 2004 at 08:52 AM said:
WTF was the point of that. the ngage is shit. it will forever be shit.
Im sure by N-Gage 4 or 5 they might have figured out that a thumb sized screen is not what gamers want.

I actually saw it (again) in a store today, with all 10 games lining the shelves, in kinda up and out of the way shelf. Even their Genesis & Gameboy (mono) games had more floor space than the N-Gage. The N-Gage "demo" units that people could play, were all empty, it was like a ghost town...thats some success.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol. The NGage demo thingy here doesent even have a game in now. Also the NGage games have a single row above the PS1. Never seen anyone looking at one... I would have to attack them if the did tho :ph34r:

Actually the new N-Gage QD doesn't seem too bad... it's like the same thing except you can get it for $100 with a contract ($200 without :blink:) and it doesn't have a radio, like the other one. And no sidetalking or messed up MMC slot or battery problems. That's pretty cheap for a new smartphone. If I ever want a phone this is probably what I'll get

n-gage is getting some good emus
they have a lynx one
n-gage sounds pretty good to me
but it can't rank with gp32

diablo2 posted on Apr 24 2004 at 02:15 PM said:
n-gage is getting some good emus
they have a lynx one
n-gage sounds pretty good to me
but it can't rank with gp32
The lynx emu was an April Fool.

Basically, this is not about whether the N-Gage is shit or not, that is besides the point. No matter what it is capable of, doesn't change the fact that it only has 10 games, and of them, only a few are playable. A system so flawed that they had to change the design to satisfy their absolutly tiny userbase.

A system like that should have never won an award like that. It just shows that there is a lot of back scratching going on in these industry shows. Nokia even twist the facts to appear as if they came away with 5 out of 10 awards from the show. Sims bustin out won an award, not just the N-Gage version, but they count that as an N-Gage award. It's just bullshit. If any console should have won that award, I beleive the Zodiac is more of an example of a what the buying public wants from a handheld.

Efompor posted on Apr 24 2004 at 01:44 PM said:
Actually the new N-Gage QD doesn't seem too bad... it's like the same thing except you can get it for $100 with a contract ($200 without :blink:) and it doesn't have a radio, like the other one. And no sidetalking or messed up MMC slot or battery problems. That's pretty cheap for a new smartphone. If I ever want a phone this is probably what I'll get
isnt the original free with contract?

maybe if you wanted to sell your soul to them :blink:

I don't know that much about it, but you can probably get this one free too with a bigger contract...

I don't see why everyone flames the N-gage.

The new design actually looks like it solves a lot. No side talking, even if they've supposedly taken out mp3 playing. It doesn't matter to me.

It's a phone. It's a phone that plays games. It takes a while to get used to but the games are actually very fun to play despite the screen size.

I need a new phone. :blink:

I'm seriously considering buying one.,

Back