Nokia N-Gage

vespa66

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Just wondering what anyone thought about the N-gage that nokia is releasing,

Will there be as many emulators available for it?,

I know taito are picking up on it and are relaeasing Puzzle Bobble VS for it which will use bluetooth for multiplayer, Is this the next step???

N-Gage

Well i think gamepark is a good start to learn programming on a protable console, its like learning to program on the enxt generation of gameboy before they come out, so im sure most of the programmers for gp32 now will get to work on the next gameboy (amature or pro level).

I know it works on the same o.s. as the 7650.. symbian

would it be powerful enough to run more advance emulators such as snes??

i say.. use your cell phone to make calls, leave gaming to a dedicated device. I think incorporating a stylus/touchscreen type thing is neat though (for organizer stuff..) I guess the tapware thing has that?

GP32 will also be incorporting Bluetooth into their system. In Fact, if I am not mistaken, (which I am sometimes) Bluetooth is already capable on the GP32. (According to a interview done with the makers of Bluetooth and GP32)

That screen isn't exactly suited to most games.
Can you imagine playing Sonic on that thing? They would have to squish the image for you to be able to see where you're going!

On the plus side, it looks like it can work fairly well for 3-D games like Tomb Raider, etc.

It seems that the GBA will have up to 3 more competitors in the coming year... it's amazing what a little competition does to a monopolist company, but we'll see how it goes...

I own an O2 XDA. For those outside the UK, it's a PDA/Phone hybrid that is really quite cool! It's like having a phone built into an iPaq or something. It's a bit pants for games though. They tend to be hard to control on PDAs ay the best of times. This new Nokia jobby may be good, but it's still not a dedicated gaming device (can you imagine how frustrating it would be to have a call interrupt your session!).

Looks like we'll have to wait and see.

according to the faq:

Can several applications run simultaneously?
Yes. When you play a game, you can answer a phone call and then continue the game,

It's pants. You have to take the back cover and battery off just to change the game card.

Pants.

Ignore the Ngage.. The tapwave thing will hopefully be the next big thing

It has an excellent OS, Based on Epoc32, From the psion 5, 7 and netbook, Still have my Psion 5. :D

Its just they have put it in to a crappy case, Badly implemented. <_<

Trooper

I dont consider n-gage a game system. Its more like a powerfull phone that plays games. And a starting price of $500 doesnt look too appetising either. I could get an Xbox next, Ps3, or Gamecube2 for that ammount of money.

Mofokubik posted on May 12 2003 said:
And a starting price of $500 doesnt look too appetising either. I could get an Xbox next, Ps3, or Gamecube2 for that ammount of money.
But you couldn't use them on a bus or train....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back