Would you still continue to eat meat (please refer to opening post for more details)?

Would you still continue to eat meat (please refer to opening post for more details)?

• Total voters

hmm as this is a tough topic that has a tough stance that doesn't really belong in a gaming / OpenPandora based forum.. i'm going to lock this.

Last edited by a moderator:
chinese-food-girl-eats-cat-meat-pic.jpg

Om Nom Nom Nom

If the problem is that the meat industry is guilty of animal cruelty, then the solution is not to not eat meat. 

That'd be like saying that because a democratic government is guilty of corruption, we need to give up democracy.

If the problem is that animals are badly treated, then the solution is to enforce good treatment of animals, with both a good quality of life and a painless death.

If the problem is that the meat industry is guilty of animal cruelty, then the solution is not to not eat meat. 

That'd be like saying that because a democratic government is guilty of corruption, we need to give up democracy.
thats true, but except some "hardcore" people most vegans/vegetarians (I know) are okay with other people eating meat, just not the sheer amount of it.And this isn't also some problem that exists isolated - the side effects the meat industry creates (like degration of water quality due to the amount of manure is getting out if hand or the incerasing number of germs that are immune to antibiotics due to "farmers" throwing in another gallon of meds, just to "make sure") are something vegans and vegetarians have to live with too.

If the problem is that animals are badly treated, then the solution is to enforce good treatment of animals, with both a good quality of life and a painless death.
That would be a partial solution, but the problem is, that this would make meat very expensive, and thats something you can't get people to accept - especially if they are used to eat meat on a regular basis.And the environmental problems that this meat industry creates wouldn't be even touched by that.

I'd have no real problem with it if people would eat something animal related for a high price once a week like in the old days,

although I do not see any necessity to eat this stuff at all in our time and it isn't healthy either.

People ate fish because thats all they had. I guess if a whale swam ashore all bets were off, but it isnt a fish, its a mammal.

Nowadays its the decision come winter is between eating local or not, and freezing vegetables is a bit strange. Potatoes and onions are ok though.

And i think there is norwegian greenhouse produce of most varieties year round.

I'm eating a live Bunny Rabbit right now, so um yeah!! Don't you hate it, when bunny bum fluff gets stuck in your teeth.

Thats right, Bunny Bum Fluff.

Not suitable for the impressionable or easily offended - Binky

charlotte-ross-naked-peta-ad.jpeg

Can't argue with a sexy, naked proactive woman. Fur Sure!!

Given human brain development have been dependent on eating meat, from reading this thread it seems those proponents of still eating meat have fallen behind in that regard...

I heard that more animals die with vegetarian diets than with meat diets.

It's because the amount of grains needed to supply someone with food is like 12 pounds or something but the equivalent to feed a cow would be 7 pounds of grains.  However the amount of animals that dies in that extra 5 pounds of grains is a lot more compared with the 7 pounds plus the cow or whatever it is they kill.  This is counting vermin, but I think people only care about the cute animals. :)

Having said that I don't think anything could put me off eating meat, I have even killed and cut up a cow myself when I briefly lived on a farm.  Felt gross but the steaks were awesome. :D

Back