Worth getting a Tegra Note tablet..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
I've been looking to get a new Tablet for quite a while now, but have so far been unable to decide.. can't really afford to spend more than about £200-250 atm, the upcoming EVGA Tegra Note looks interesting & there's apparently others by Zotact, PNY & HP coming soon.

They seem pretty good value to me, what do you guys make of them..?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally find the Android Tablet experience lacking. The quality and value of applications seems to be a little off. I have a really good tablet with a keyboard dock, but can't really use it for anything very productive because there just aren't any quality productivity apps out there. I have yet to find a text editor that has even half the features I'd expect. Even expensive apps seem to be crudely bolted together. I don't know I guess I'm just disillusioned. Applications you'd expect a tablet to excel at are just pale shadows of the PC equivalents.

Garrett, I suggest a Windows tablet. Wont be for $250 but it will a tablet /worth/ ownning. Not RT but full x86 windows

Guess the main question is what do you want to use it for?

Followed by what you want in terms of screen size vs portability?

For media consumption and a decent price the note tablets should be great. If you have any inclination to be productive on the tablet or use to in lieu of an ultrabook I would recommend a windows 8.1 tablet. Depending on your needs you could choose a haswell based one like the surface. Or for much cheaper a baytrail based one like the ASUS t100 and the Dell 11 pro (haswell version also available.) Also the t300 from asus is coming out soon but I'm not sure what the specs or price is going to be on that one.

Guess the main question is what do you want to use it for?

Followed by what you want in terms of screen size vs portability?
Well, my Nexus 7 was used for gaming/emulation, browsing, book reading, watching video/listening to music & photo viewing/editing.

Would prefer something with a 10" screen as I occasionally struggled with some apps/games on the N7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back