Worms Armageddon

A

Aaaaaaaa

Worms Armageddon is one of my favourite games for PC!

Has anyone tried the playsation version? How does it compare?
Infact: has any of the games since then (theyve pretty much all been 3D) come close to the fun of the 2d ones?

For bonus points : how well does it work on the playstation emulato for GP2x

Never played worms Armegeddon on PS1 but the original worms was just like the PC version on PS1.

I played worms fortress I think it was called, got fed up of the stOOpid camera angle after 5 mins and deleted it.

Played the all the old ones (Worms, Worms 2, Armegedden, World Party) including the new worms on the PSP for hours!

Games like Lemmings and Worms should never have been ported to 3D IMHO.

Steve.

yeah, well my worms armageddon CD aint working, so im wondering which version i should buy.

I really don't like the PS1 version, the DC version was OK.

Check your PMs.

I have (I think it's called) Lemmings Revolution, which is 3D and very fun. I'd wager to say more fun than the 2D ones. Thing is, it's still the basic premise, but the lemmings just walk around these round 3D towers. It just makes it a little harder to keep track of all of them.

I agree that Worms just isn't the same in 3D though.

shinneri posted on Aug 7 2006 at 06:50 AM said:
It was never the same after they stopped being 5 pixels tall :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Wite_Noiz posted on Aug 7 2006 at 07:30 AM said:

Hogs of War was quite a good 3D clone IMHO.

WrongEyedJesus posted on Aug 7 2006 at 12:28 PM said:
Wite_Noiz posted on Aug 7 2006 at 07:30 AM said:

Hogs of War was quite a good 3D clone IMHO.

Simply brilliant.

Hmm.. might have to check Hogs of War out.

Nova: What's ur sig all about?

What bit?

The quote at the bottom is from Ghost Dog: The way of the samurai.

Above that is details of GPJunkies, the community magazine I am writing at the moment.

Worms Armageddon on the PS1... Loved that game. I remember the hours I played with four friends using a single controller. :) I also have Worms 3D on the PS2, but it's just not the same.

nickspoon posted on Aug 8 2006 at 01:33 PM said:
Worms Armageddon on the PS1... Loved that game. I remember the hours I played with four friends using a single controller. :) I also have Worms 3D on the PS2, but it's just not the same.

Nope, worms in 3d suckes ass. I also like the 2d worms more.

Worms 4 for PC was enjoyable to a certain extent. It doesn't even come close to the 2D worms though. I think W:A was the peak of the series for PC and Directors Cut (obviously) was the best of the series.

I thought Worms 3D was very fun, the 2D ones were so boring, they were just like the first Worms with more weapons, speech samples and cutey-pie gfx.

Fishbong posted on Aug 9 2006 at 01:02 AM said:
I thought Worms 3D was very fun, the 2D ones were so boring, they were just like the first Worms with more weapons, speech samples and cutey-pie gfx.

Thats what made the game fun. It was very... hm.... laid back, much easier aand cuter tha the 3D ones. Then again i havnt played the 3d ones long enough to become good. I might have to try one of them.

Back