Working Accessories And Current Applications ?

WizardStan said:
I've already ported Navit to my BeagleBoard, all that needs to happen to make it run on the Pandora is fix up the screen resolution a bit (and package it into a PND file).
It works really well for finding city center and points of interest, but needs a bit of work finding actual addresses.
Okay, but that don't change what I think, for him, the best would be the all-in-one package IE: the moto droid.
I don't think the pandora is 100% ready for everything he want to do with his device.

EDIT : Reply to WizardStan (that way, I don't spam :p )
Sorry I didn't mean to minimize your achievement.
It's great to have motivated people like you, who improve the application base for the pandora.
Moreover when it's a really interesting and useful one like a real functional GPS application!

Last edited by a moderator:
KodeIn said:
Okay, but that don't change what I think, for him, the best would be the all-in-one package IE: the moto droid.
I don't think the pandora is 100% ready for everything he want to do with his device.
I know, I was just clarifying; you said "if someone..." when in fact such a one already exists. I figured you'd be happy to know that.

Metabrowse said:
I'm thinking about resume all this by a simple Motorola Miletstone or the iPhone 3GS, no cables, no new GSM anymore, things working for sure, people out there know that device and there is no linux bug (to resolve with command shell and complicating stuff) or waiting desperately that someone port this or fix that for too long.

Pandora is not the device for you.

You have to wait till someone ports something and I am sure you need to open the console to do something someone posts on the forum to do something.
I am not an ass. I am linux geek. I used linux when there were no RPM and APT. I used to build the software from source code. So I don't think I will have much problems getting stuff to work. I cross-compiled (and modified) software for different processor architectures. Face it, most open software is developed for x86 and most don't care if they use things you can't use on ARM or m68k CPUs.

BUT, you can be sure there are lots of guys on this forum with a Pandora ordered who will compile stuff and build packages for the community. However, you can not expect that EVERY program you want to use will be made available from those guys ;)

Back