Word Of The Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shikaku posted on Dec 3 2006 at 12:39 AM said:
IT MEANS STINGY YOU ASSHOLES.

Niggardly and *you know what* have extremely different origins. One's based off Latin and the other Scandinavian I think (or some other very different language).
I know what it means artard. I also know n*gger and niggardly are completely unrelated, however it's a popular misconception. It's still a great word.

The people who are offended by it are the same people who are offended by the saying "call a spade a spade". Stupid people :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 3 2006 at 12:52 AM said:
Shikaku posted on Dec 3 2006 at 12:39 AM said:
IT MEANS STINGY YOU ASSHOLES.

Niggardly and *you know what* have extremely different origins. One's based off Latin and the other Scandinavian I think (or some other very different language).
I know what it means artard. I also know n*gger and niggardly are completely unrelated, however it's a popular misconception. It's still a great word.

The people who are offended by it are the same people who are offended by the saying "call a spade a spade". Stupid people :rolleyes:

Someone's reputation got completely ruined because he said niggardly once. And then he basically said the first reply in the same connotation. He would have still been screwed, but he would have been less screwed otherwise...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back