Wonderswan color emu with sound

i read in yoyo's interveiw...he has allready ported it...
what state it's in i don't know.....
but one thing's for sure....I WANT IT!!!!

i read in yoyo's interveiw...he has allready ported it...
what state it's in i don't know.....
but one thing's for sure....I WANT IT!!!!
Well, it's one of the abandoned projects, so I don't think it will ever be released...
But, well, if more guys want it, maybe he'll pick it up again ;)
He surprised us quite a few times :)

Last edited:
sure its cool but wonderswans all in jap. so its hard to go through a whole rpg <_<
Most of the RPGs for it (including all the FF games) have translation patches made by fans. I very much would like to see Wonderswan color as well. It is great graphics and is handheld, so the games are obviously made to be played on a handheld system.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would definitely like to have a good wonderswan emu too! I liked Beatmania and Densha De GO! very much! But you can imagine what Beatmania is like without sound! :(

Maybe sometimes yoyo will release the source code of this emu and somebody add sound to this emulator. :)

The problem with the wonderswan emus out there is that the fast cores are all in x86 ASM. There is a slow, un-optimised, and (assuming no more work has been done on it since I spoke to Rattboi over a year ago) very dirty code-wise core in C++ (or maybe C... one of those two), but the quantity of optimisation needed is immense - and it ALL needs to be done on the core (ok... not all, but most); if you try WS32 (also based on Oswan) you'll find frameskip increases beyone 2 don't affect the speed - just the jutteryness.

If I remember correctly, yoyo's port of Oswan uses the same core.

Which basically means that without a LOT of work on the core and optimisation and such, the port isn't going to go anywhere...

As a side note, there have been several WS emus developed a little way - Rattboi's one (WS32), Ryleh's one, and yoyo's. They've all been held up by the same thing.

On a plus side, the WS actually uses an x86-based CPU (or so I'm told) so should an optimised core actually become available, then there's a possible starting point for - admittedly pretty slow - x86 emulation. Which would be cool.

Back