Won An Virtual Boy In The Us How Best Get To Uk!

skysnapper

sleep is for wimps
Website
Visit site
Just won thios little lot for £75 which seems a good deal, now how is the best way to get it shipped, insured back to the UK without me getting stung by customs! If it is insured does the value have to be declared?
Seem silly get charged as its second hand :rolleyes:

---------------
You are bidding on a barely used Virtual Boy System from Nintendo. This bundle includes all the original system items( Virtual Boy, controller and stand) in excellent conditions. Also has 8 games on their boxes:

* Wario Land
* VTetris
* TELEROBOXER
* Panic Bomber
* Mario Clash
* Red Alarm
* Galactic Pinball
* Mario Tennis ( came with system, so it did not came on an individual box, but in a small bag inside the system box)

We wil include the AC Adapter, very hard to find these days.

We tested the unit and is working perfectly.

All in original boxes. All items in this bundle had been handled with extreme care, so rest assured that its on mint condition, no dents, no scratches, never had been dropped

That is a good deal - pinball and warioland are both excellent games...

Even if you do get stung by customs, you'll still have paid less than you would for the same kit in the UK.

You need to get the seller to mark it as a 'gift' and give it a low value. Unfortunately I can't remember the minimum value before customs takes an interest, but I've got a feeling it's around 20 quid. Maybe get him to mark is as $30? They might still open it up and decide it's work more though. It's the chance you take buying from the states...

Gruntfuggly posted on Sep 30 2004 at 08:44 AM said:
That is a good deal - pinball and warioland are both excellent games...

Even if you do get stung by customs, you'll still have paid less than you would for the same kit in the UK.

You need to get the seller to mark it as a 'gift' and give it a low value. Unfortunately I can't remember the minimum value before customs takes an interest, but I've got a feeling it's around 20 quid. Maybe get him to mark is as $30? They might still open it up and decide it's work more though. It's the chance you take buying from the states...

Yeah its a pretty good deal, compared to what a similar set up would go for ebay over here and everything is boxed, most of the time the games aren't boxed..

I've emailed the guy concerning the customs and asked him to just mark it gift, even if they do open it, i'll just claim its stuff from a mate ;) as the stuff isn't new anyway ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
yup, get him to ship it as a gift. Even if it isnt Insured I think you have to declare the Value of the item.

Rico posted on Sep 30 2004 at 08:50 AM said:
No, you don't "win" it. You lose. Because you just bought a Virtual Boy :)

I bought it as a 'curiosity' and a collectable rather than something to play on, although im both looking forward and intrigued to have a play some of the games on it. And i had this bizarre urge thaty i must own one!

Also its a very good deal and will hold its value very well.. :)
I could easily sell it on ebay over here and make a tidy profit so i win ;)

Steve-O posted on Sep 30 2004 at 09:25 AM said:
yup, get him to ship it as a gift. Even if it isnt Insured I think you have to declare the Value of the item.

so zero value, aworthless gift it is ;)

I suppose if you can get past the headaches somehow, it might be quite fun. And yes it is a collectable... should be in a museum ;)

Whats your problem Rico? This was posted in an off-topic forum - what's your need for pointless comments like that? Are you some sort of anti-nintendo fanboy?

he always does this

i think he feels constrained by his mod duties in the general forums, when he gets into off topic he just has to let rip at anything and everything.

he needs love people

Gruntfuggly posted on Sep 30 2004 at 10:17 AM said:
Whats your problem Rico? This was posted in an off-topic forum - what's your need for pointless comments like that? Are you some sort of anti-nintendo fanboy?
I think he was joking. :eek:

Whats your problem? Nintendo Fan-boy?

I assumed he was joking first time - I even laughed when I read his first post, but he then backed it up with a second post. Personally I don't give a sh!t, but it's not surprising when people claim these boards are unfriendly these days when even the mods post this sort of stuff. It wouldn't be so bad if it was on the general board...

Rico posted on Sep 30 2004 at 09:49 AM said:
I suppose if you can get past the headaches somehow, it might be quite fun. And yes it is a collectable... should be in a museum ;)

1. If you get headaches from your VirtualBoy, you didn't correctly set the optical... thingies....
2. It is in a museum. In several even.

3. You got a great deal, skysnapper. I've ben looking for an affordable copy of Wario Land for a long time.... Red Alarm is great too.

i know, its pretty includes all the best games, quite looking forward to trying the 3d effect out, its a bit different from your usual system, thats why it intrigued me and i've always enjoyed nintendo games, they've always had a certain charm about them and nice and uncomplicated pick up and playability.

The 3d effect is great - and the sound really helps because you got the speakers so close to your ears - it's almost like wearing headphones...

Some games don't really use the 3d very much, but have a blast at Red Alarm for a fully immersive experience...

One thing id like to know is how it plays and if we can see screenshots of the game.

I always need piccies before i buy!

quick question.

Its going to be sent off today.

if its insured will the value of the item need to be declared on the parcel

they guy doesn't know as his never sent a package to the overseas before and obviously won't find out untill he gets dwon to the post office...

he'll be marking at gift on the papers that go on the box though i presume its ok to say the value is $0 if marked as a gift..

looking forawrd to having a play 3d gameboy tetris, warioland, pinbal,mario clash
think i have reached a new level of geekdom found myself having to think i'm up an excuse, when having to tell a girl why i was going to be late for dinner on wednesday when i needed to stay at home and wait until the auction for a retro console to finsih :rolleyes:

skysnapper posted on Oct 1 2004 at 10:10 AM said:
he'll be marking at gift on the papers that go on the box though i presume its ok to say the value is $0 if marked as a gift..

My advice would be to mark it as a value of $20, not £0 - it would probably be too tempting for the customs people to have a look otherwise...

The insurance thing is obviously your call - you can't expect it to be insured for $100 if you are claiming it is worth $0!

Gruntfuggly posted on Oct 1 2004 at 10:44 AM said:
skysnapper posted on Oct 1 2004 at 10:10 AM said:

My advice would be to mark it as a value of $20, not £0 - it would probably be too tempting for the customs people to have a look otherwise...

The insurance thing is obviously your call - you can't expect it to be insured for $100 if you are claiming it is worth $0!

true kind of come to same conclusion myself.. ah well i'll take a risk thats whats lifes all about taking risks ;)

Back