Wolfenstien 3d Question

prplehz

Still Fresh
Is it possible to save your game in the wolfenstien 3d ports? If so how do you do it. I get to the save screen and it lets me enter in random numbers with the buttons, but I can't figure out how to make it save after I enter the save name. Can it even be done?

prplehz said:
Is it possible to save your game in the wolfenstien 3d ports? If so how do you do it. I get to the save screen and it lets me enter in random numbers with the buttons, but I can't figure out how to make it save after I enter the save name. Can it even be done?

Try hitting start or select. That proves perfectly possible on Pickle's port. Heh

Last edited by a moderator:
Try playing wolf3d on SNES :)
It features automap and additional types of weapons

Senor Quack said:
prplehz said:

Try hitting start or select. That proves perfectly possible on Pickle's port. Heh

Start just takes me back a screen and select doesn't do anything. But for that port I would expect select to be the button to save it.

If you're using gp2xwolf3d, not pickles wolf4sdl, then saving is done by center joystick click (eek)... I have fixed this in the code and it will be vol- & vol+ or the original method (due to f200's inabilities to properly replicate joyclick), but I have a small bug to fix to get the load game screen to display the proper saves again.

And for the record, the 3DO version of wolf3d is cool too!

I am using gp2xwolf3d because the other has way to much sound lag for me. Glad to hear that it will be updated too :). I would prefer to play the game in it's native form but I do agree that the ports are alot of fun. Do you have settings for the 4sdl version that allow it to run without the sound lagging?

prplehz said:
I am using gp2xwolf3d because the other has way to much sound lag for me. Glad to hear that it will be updated too :) . I would prefer to play the game in it's native form but I do agree that the ports are alot of fun. Do you have settings for the 4sdl version that allow it to run without the sound lagging?
YES! use --samplerate 11025 and --audiobuffer 256. Check the readme I included to duoble check those numbers

Pickle said:
prplehz said:
I am using gp2xwolf3d because the other has way to much sound lag for me. Glad to hear that it will be updated too :) . I would prefer to play the game in it's native form but I do agree that the ports are alot of fun. Do you have settings for the 4sdl version that allow it to run without the sound lagging?
YES! use --samplerate 11025 and --audiobuffer 256. Check the readme I included to duoble check those numbers

ya, I saw the command line in the read me. But I thought it defaulted to that. I will give it a shot. Thanks for all your hard work. I am a long time member of the xbox scene. and since the 360 isn't homebrew friendly. I got a gp2x. And I must say I love it and the fact that you guys develop for it and are so supportive makes it even better. Cheers to a new crowd of modders :D

this is what I have in gmenu2x to launch wolf3d.

title=Wolfenstien 3D

icon=skin:icons/games/wolf3d.png
exec=/mnt/sd/game/games/interpreters/wolf3d/Wolf4SDL_WL6.gpe
clock=233

params=--audiobuffer 256 --samplerate 11025
wrapper=true

Sorry for the gp2x newbness but is this correct for adding commands to the launch file? It seems to have sped things up but I just want to make sure this is the proper way to do it. :)

prplehz said:
this is what I have in gmenu2x to launch wolf3d.

title=Wolfenstien 3D

icon=skin:icons/games/wolf3d.png
exec=/mnt/sd/game/games/interpreters/wolf3d/Wolf4SDL_WL6.gpe
clock=233

params=--audiobuffer 256 --samplerate 11025
wrapper=true

Sorry for the gp2x newbness but is this correct for adding commands to the launch file? It seems to have sped things up but I just want to make sure this is the proper way to do it. :)
Looks fine, I actually run at 200 Mhz. Setting the sample rate to 11025 does wonders. You can also modify the gmenu2x files through gmenu2x itself. Takes a little longer, but at least you know its right.

Back