Wolfdx

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site

This is a port of the WolfDX replacment modification. Includes all of the enhancments made to the the wolf4sdl engine. You can see some in the screenshot above.
Currently this is the first demo of the mod, more changes are to come. See the readme for the details.

Everything is included with this release no extra files are required.

Controls and settings are setup the same way as wolf4sdl. See the readme included with the last release of wolf4sdl for more info.

Get it Here

schnitzelboy said:
so wait, is this kinda like freedoom? explain what the thing is plesase :)

ok :huh:

ID released the source code to the wolff3d engine, so Ripper modified it to work with SDL, He also has added new features like the paralax skys, floors/ceilings, hi res graphics, 3d directional sprites, etc
Ripper and some others created a windows app to modify all of the wolf3d data.
A fan named Tricob used that tool and others to design and create his own levels/graphics/sound. Its called a mod (modfication).

In summary its a souped up wolf3d engine with custom data. It has nothing to do with doom, except ID made doom too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the comparison to freedoom was made in that like other projects like openquartz they try to replace commercial content with free content for a commercial fps game.

this says you don't need anything extra to play so it seems like the content is all free and redone. In addition it uses a upgraded engine. So seems to be similar to other projects for other open source fps games.

Great port.

P.S:Too bad that gp2x can not handle voxelstain :(
voxel1.jpg

thank you jbrodack, i know i should have been more specific, but yeah the question was if wolfdx was an opensource alternative to the original files (e.g. freedoom) that still uses the same engine

Back