Wolf3d For Gp32

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Hello,
Regardless of coming so close to getting a multiversion to work then having it bunk up on me I decided to atleast get some of the things people told me about fixed and a new release out. The save names are still not being saved (although saves should still work) but I did (hopefully) improve the sound, screen flicker (although I don't have a BLU to test if it's any better or worse...) and dropped it back down to 40Mhz. The demo version's menu also doesn't have the green q instead of readme anymore... infact I removed the bottom bar where readme should be ;)

I still have to fix the save name thing and the end of game text where you can't input anything but other than the special stuff I want to do and the Adlib it's looking pretty good I think (tell me if I'm wrong ;) )

Have a good day!
TJ Hooka

P.S. incase you haven't heard yet I do intend to try and make a port of wolf3d to the GP2X when I recieve mine (and get a dev environment setup)

cozmic posted on Oct 16 2005 at 10:12 AM said:
Man, i feel sorry for the gp2x owners with all the new stuff coming out for the goo d ol' gp32

What owners, it's not even out yet! :p

Nice work Hooka, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

I've been playing with 0.3 version these weeks in my FLU and i found some bugs (besides the name of the savegames), specially finishing the episodes. When if finishes the first episode, appears a book with several pages, but it hangs there, i can't flip the pages or cancel or anything, only restart the GP32. When it finishes the 2nd (or 3rd, i don't rembember well), the game replays the death of the final boss with something called DeathCam(tm), then the screen starts flickering like it were refreshing the screen too sloooow, and i can't get through that.
Are these bugs corrected in 0.4 or are they in the TODO list??

Thank you for your great work!! Keep it going!! ;) You rocks!

GP://GAME/SOD for Spear of Destiny
GP://GAME/SOD_DEMO for Spear of Destiny Demo
GP://GAME/SW_Wolf for shareware Wolf3D
GP://GAME/Wolf3D for Wolfenstein 3D

Croc: I'm still working on getting the gp32 input to work with the end of episode book... I didn't know about the death cam bug though I'll try and give it a check soon and see if I can figure out what's wrong!

UPDATE: I've fixed the end text bug, so that's a bonus but I'm still working on the deathcam thing and the savename thing so hopefully I can get that fixed up in the next little while ;)

Back