Wmvplayer For Gp2x(sample Version)

sehs33

Website
Visit site
You asked for it :)
ell released a wmvPlayer for GP2X:
wmvplayer for GP2X
* warning *
this is sample version. only can volume control and exit.
but, I don't have any plan for update.
if you want to using this code, I permit.

* license
this program is LGPL(ffmpeg's license).

* credits
wmvplayer by ell.
wma codec base from Roku plugin by soiaf(original codec from ffmpeg).
wma codec optimize for GP2X by ell.
wmv codec binary from another mmsp2 based machine(dualcpu.o module).
simple asf parser by ell.

* full source code included.
but, 940T kernel module is binary only and I don't have source.
I hope someone can take this and start building a player around it or add its features to one of the existing players we already have.
Pick it up from the archive:
http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,6,2055

does anybody know from which machine the module was taken? i looked for it some time ago at some toshiba pmp's

It plays wma and audio asf files perfectly underclocked to 100 mhz, it allows you to know track length, bit rate, mono\stereo, and the file's name. Missing stuff are remaining/played time, pause function, playlists (basically you can just play a file, stop it and go back to play another file from the menu)
Anything that has video, being a wmv file or a video asf file plays, you can hear the sound but the video freezes at the first or second frame, and when you decide to stop playing, it crashes the player with the following message:

Exit.
asf_thread: Terminated
audio_thread: Terminated
video_thread: Terminated

The same exact message appears whether the video was a wmv or asf, and overclocking when trying videos crashes the player once the file is selected (even on clock rates am sure my unit can handle)

Controls are:
* Player's file explorer
vol +\- to change CPU clock
B\Select to choose song to play
Start to quit
* While Playing:
vol +\- to change volume
Start to go back to the Player's file explorer

Anyone is willing to mess around with this one to make it usable? :)
Edit:
The bitrates are not the problem, in fact I had the first three frames of a higher bitrate video appear before the video freezes, while another lower bitrate video freezed right on the first frame.
In another test, I down clocked the CPU to 80 mhz while playing a wmv file, although the video freezed as usual after 1~3 frames, but the audio stream continued to play smoothly.
Last note tonight: all file extensions should be in lower case.

is it a broken pipe to the 940t ? (SIGPIPE)
is the interfacing with the binary blob correct or does it just crap out after interfacing ?

is it just me or is the source code missing control.h, it looks like the video code is trying to load video with a certain codec version, not sure exactly which version though

Back