Cps2emu Test Version 7.1

DaveC posted on Feb 5 2007 at 06:17 PM said:
If you use Capex menu by JyCet and find the image is good but kind of "busy" and makes it a bit hard to see the text you can use this. It makes reading the list a little easier
Thanks, that looks quite nice, I'm going to try using that.

I've also noted that the Ram Timings for test version 8 don't seem to work correctly?
If you enabled the tweak, but don't actually put the cpuspeed cfg file in the directory, you will get the default ram timings, which are probably okay.

Test version 8 sure came out quickly after 7.1; Looks like Ell was ready to release! Thanks for incorporating the hiscore saving! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you DaveC , I´ll use it.

I´m having problems with capexbeta4, it hangs before i can launch any game.

naples39 posted on Feb 4 2007 at 08:31 PM said:
What is xor rom?
CPS2 game use encypted rom and then to play game you have to use XOR rom but some new research from MAME team have done some possibility to play game witouth this XOR rom.
see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPS-2

Can somebody give a working link to any mirror?
archive.gp2x.de say "Object not found!" for me.

slaanesh posted on Feb 5 2007 at 08:51 AM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 5 2007 at 06:17 PM said:
If you use Capex menu by JyCet and find the image is good but kind of "busy" and makes it a bit hard to see the text you can use this. It makes reading the list a little easier
Thanks, that looks quite nice, I'm going to try using that.

I've also noted that the Ram Timings for test version 8 don't seem to work correctly?
If you enabled the tweak, but don't actually put the cpuspeed cfg file in the directory, you will get the default ram timings, which are probably okay.
Do you have such a file? Maybe in next versions, a correct cfg file could be included in the Emulator. :)

And will there be a way to use the 2. Processor for CPS2 Emu' sound in the same way like in PicoDrive? Could give another speed bost I think ^^

Small update to the background. I added a drop shadow under "Capex CPS2 emu" I think it looks better (see above updated pic). Just re-download file and copy to card.

DaveC posted on Feb 6 2007 at 03:18 AM said:
Small update to the background. I added a drop shadow under "Capex CPS2 emu" I think it lookes better (see above updated pic). Just re-download file and copy to card.
Thank you :)

Is someone having problems with capex 4 like me? It hangs in 3 seconds :D

Try it with fresh install of emulator and Capex components (no old config files laying around) and try removing preview jpegs from the folder too to see if that helps.

imhotep posted on Feb 6 2007 at 02:52 PM said:
Try it with fresh install of emulator and Capex components (no old config files laying around) and try removing preview jpegs from the folder too to see if that helps.

I have tried it and it does not work.
I have solve it pressing select and changing "see all roms" to "see avalaible roms".

Thank you anyway for the advice.

Back