WMA

Xyo

This may have been asked,, sorry, but does the GP32 support WMA?

Because i dont really like having 4 mb songs on my SMC even though i love music...

Thanks

--Xyo--

I have yet to see a WMA player on the GP32. I think this is because WMA is a Microsoft technology, and is therefore not open source

Thats a very good point...Is there any sound file smaller than an MP3 that the GP32 can play?

But i converted an MP3 to an OGG and it became double the filesize, what encoding program and what settings do you guys reccomend..THanks :D

--Xyo--

look here: Media Player 0.5. You guys either didn't look on this site, or it is understood that it doesn't work. I don't know. It claims to play wma.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is at least one WMA player around, but finding them can be tricky, as Microsoft jump down on you quite hard for even hosting the files, nevermind if your the author ("This is our technology, we demand you stop supporting it before we call our lawyers" kind of talk).

But i converted an MP3 to an OGG and it became double the filesize
You did something incredibly wrong there to end up with double the file size. Ogg is nearly always smaller than mp3. But anyway, the important thing to mention here is never convert from one lossy format to another 'cos you will always loose quality. You should go back to the original cd and convert again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back