Not Sure If My Oled Has A Problem Or Not

shinneri

Certified Guru
Website
www.gpnewbie.com
I just received my GP2X Wiz yesterday. I noticed that there is one stuck pixel to the far left of the screen. It is stuck on red and doesn't really pose much concern.

However, when looking at screens with areas of one solid color, I notice variation in color from pixel to pixel. It's not dramatic, but playing Super Mario Brothers for NES, the sky doesn't look like one single shade of blue. It looks kind of like the noise you get on a JPEG. Is this an abnormal condition or is this caused by the touchscreen function? Any insight would be appreciated. :) Thanks!

shinneri said:
I just received my GP2X Wiz yesterday. I noticed that there is one stuck pixel to the far left of the screen. It is stuck on red and doesn't really pose much concern.

However, when looking at screens with areas of one solid color, I notice variation in color from pixel to pixel. It's not dramatic, but playing Super Mario Brothers for NES, the sky doesn't look like one single shade of blue. It looks kind of like the noise you get on a JPEG. Is this an abnormal condition or is this caused by the touchscreen function? Any insight would be appreciated. :) Thanks!

People have been raving about the quality of the screen, so if you are seeing all this "artifacting" I would run some tests and send it back if the tests aren't pure.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
finally, after looking carefully, the film sheet on it, give me a very little effect of pixel jpg like you said, very little different shades of blue. but i dont find it anormal. its very hard to see. its the first time im seeing it. maybe your wiz screen has problems.

shinneri said:

The "grainy" look, kind of like the texture of construction paper is normal. The only time you really notice is in solid colors. They are all like that.

The bad pixel is obviously not normal. If you can live with the one and it is not totally black (black pixel could signal pixel plague) then it is fine.

DaveC said:
The "grainy" look, kind of like the texture of construction paper is normal. The only time you really notice is in solid colors. They are all like that.

The bad pixel is obviously not normal. If you can live with the one and it is not totally black (black pixel could signal pixel plague) then it is fine.
Thank you very much. :) Yes, the pixel is still alive, and I'm going to try some of those unsticker videos to see if that fixes it. But it's really far to the corner and only shows up on very blue scenes.

I'm glad I don't have a broken Wiz. I'd hate having to send it back. Thanks again, everybody, for your helpful responses. :)

Back