Wiz

dwarf shortage
Website
Visit site
Hi, I heard that the Wiz release date and shipping has been set back (well, obviously) to February.

I did a search, and only found posts confirming this fact. I must have missed a thread a while back explaining this and the reasons for it... there are reasons, right?

Thanks

pandora said:
Only just noticed the Wiz has it's own section :blink:
Almost nobody can scroll down there without puke over pandora subforum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orkie said:
I have the Pandora section 'minimised' ;).
10 PRINT "THANK YOU!"
20 GOTO 10

P.S: I never knew about this useful option :)

Orkie said:
I have the Pandora section 'minimised' ;).
Exactly, you can ignore sections you aren't interested in. If only Quasist could figure that out rather than posting his dribbling, drooling nonsense in the Pandora section. :p

I have the Wiz and Pandora sections maximized because I am interested in both, fwiw.

PlopperZ said:
Something to do with the Flash menu being buggy IIRC
I could teach myself to program and write a menu from scratch in three months. While they are redoing the menus, this is certainly not the only reason the system is delayed. In all likelihood, GPH is having the same sort of parts supply problems as the Pandora and Gizmondo. It seems that the global financial crisis really is global, as most asian factories have slowed parts production to a crawl to avoid being stuck with surplus inventory. As a result, lead times for a lot of components are 4x what they were six months ago.

I'd rather a delayed product than something rushed to market that's buggy.

PlopperZ said:
Something to do with the Flash menu being buggy IIRC
They would be better off just giving Ryo something to include Gmenu as the menu. That is all most of us will do anyway is dump their menu for Gmenu anyway. GPH usually comes up with something that is not very useable. Why waste 3 months making something that won't last more than a few minutes on it before being replaced?

Good point. It depends if the wiz is the next 'vocamaster'. Maybe someone knows this already.

The people buying it for vocal training (a very large market for GPH, I've been told) would not want their default menu to give them options for 'Emulators' and 'Homebrew'

Edit: It is 'vocamaster', right?

DaveC said:
Why waste 3 months making something that won't last more than a few minutes on it before being replaced?
From where data comes that 100% of users is replacing frontends made by GPH with something else?

There was a 60.000 Gp2x-ies released.
For instace, archive.gp2x.de diplays 12k of Gmenu downloads. Let's suppose this version wasn't updated and redownloaded :)
Even if there was 12k individual users that downloaded the gmenu and installed it on their gp2x f100, and then same downloaded file (not redownloading it) on their new gp2x f200. it makes only 80%...

:gp2x

As someone else stated, it's best that it's not rushed to the market as a buggy device, but I just hope it's not delayed again.

I'm looking forward to it.

And guys, does this actually look like a sticker?

dnha8k.jpg

pandora said:
Good point. It depends if the wiz is the next 'vocamaster'. Maybe someone knows this already?

The people buying it for vocal training (a very large market for GPH, I've been told) would not want their default menu to give them options for 'Emulators' and 'Homebrew'
Sorry to bump. Anyone got an answer to this question?

Back