Wiz Won't Connect As Mass Storage

Singularity

Still Fresh
Hey guys, I am having a problem with connecting my Wiz as a mass storage device to my Windows XP 64bit machine. I have tried different ports, restarting, etc. But each time I plug it in I get the error message "USB Device not recognized" and therefore it will not show up for me.

Any ideas? I have done quite a bit of searching and come up with similar answers but nothing has helped so far :(

Cheers.

I have the same exact issue, but I think its just that Windows stinks because sometimes it finds it, sometimes it doesn't and I'm not doing anything differently. So whenever I need to access the internal memory I use my wife's MacBook which may not be an option for you but it works every time on there so at least I know its not an issue with my cable or Wiz hardware. So I've come to the conclusion that Windows OS just blows.

Yeah, it's either you have a bad USB cable, or the Wiz system is not detected by 64 bit Windows XP.
Have you tried 32 bit XP?

There are two issues here:

1. I have heard from others that Windows 64 Bit has problems connecting to the Wiz.

2. Bad USB cable.

I would try plugging your Wiz into a friends PC running a 32 bit version of Windows and if you're still getting problems then contact your supplier for a replacement cable.

Back