Wiz Wall Chargers?

beavith

I have a Griffen USB iPod wall charger. I have yet to try this on my wiz, because im worried something might happen. How can i see if these will work together. And if anyone has found a good wiz-compatible wall charger please let me know.

Thanks everyone.

I bought a set of cheap iPod chargers off of Ebay (one mains & one car cigarette lighter)
I've had no problems with either.
Not bad for a fiver. :)

If the charger supplies five volts output, then it shouldn't damage your Wiz; the only issue after that would be whether it supplies enough amperage. If it doesn't supply enough amperage, the Wiz will charge slowly or not at all, and there's a slight chance that the charger itself will be damaged.

Yes, all usb chargers should be compliant, but I do have one that rated @ 300mA, so make sure it's 500mA or above for the wiz.

Before I sent my Wiz back to be exchanged I used a Griffon USB charger to charge my Wiz. I was a bit worried because it was 5.2 volts but no one answered my question in the other thread so I figured if it charges an iPod then hey wtf. I noticed no problems but that was a single charge. I'm pretty confident though and will use it again. My Griffon unit is 5.2volts and 1000mA.

Promised Planet said:
If the charger supplies five volts output [...]

USB = 5v. Any charger can be used, but 500mA+ is a good idea - otherwise it will take f-ing ages.

Crookedmouth said:
[...] My Griffon unit is 5.2volts and 1000mA.

Within tolerance. It probably drops below 5v if you actually pull some juice. These puny power supplies aren't very stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back