Wiz Tv Out

Keen

Still Fresh
It is impossible to connect the wiz to the TV as the Dingoo?

Want to choose between the two and this is important feature for me

So far all the games I've seen ported to Wiz have the TVout code commented out, so my guess is that either the Wiz supports it via the firmware (and some cable that does not come with the package), or it does not.

Wiz does not currently support TV out. There is no cable available to do this and there may never be. It has been hinted at though and modders may well succeed where GPH have so far failed.

What about this:

http://www.bingegamer.net/2009/hands-on-gp2x-wiz/

The system can also be hooked up to a television through a TV kit and the upscale looked fantastic. I watched a member of the sales team play Metal Slug on an HD set-up and the results were crystal clear without any discernible flaws in the picture.

archue said:
What about this:

http://www.bingegamer.net/2009/hands-on-gp2x-wiz/

The system can also be hooked up to a television through a TV kit and the upscale looked fantastic. I watched a member of the sales team play Metal Slug on an HD set-up and the results were crystal clear without any discernible flaws in the picture.

Nice! The quality DOES look flawless!

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with upscaling the output on the Wiz to a TV (sharing the same framebuffer as the OLED), is it requires a landscape framebuffer, which requires the OLED controller rotation, which causes the tearing (someone wants slapping for that design decision - the controller datasheet explicitly says rotation is not available when in external clock mode).

On the other hand, you can control the TV out separately from the internal screen (give each it's own framebuffer), which would allow for higher resolution TV output if desired (emulated system native makes most sense), and use of the OLED for something else while in that mode (virtual keyboard maybe?).

that screenshot/movies look very promising! i hope it's not just something hacked together for this exhibition but thought through very well :)

Back