Does Wiz Connect To Tv?

it was supposed to come with a tv out function but GPH couldn't get it working so..no tv out.

The TV-out cable is available here: http://www.jackofallgames.co.uk/tvout-cable-for-gp2x-wiz-p-2214.html (recently went out of stock)

Good retailer (it's where I bought my Wiz).

yea um I highly doubt it works.

1) GPH already said they couldn't get it working
2) If it did work and it was an official product, there'd be threads and videos talking about it, and the only threads about it are ones talking about how the wiz doesn't have it.
3) If it was the official product, it wouldn't be on jackofallgames only in euro, it'd be on the official store and site as well as playasia etc.

4) If I'm freakin wrong which is 90% possible, fuckin hell im getting that shit imported.

And just a side note, why the hell are the cables so short and why are they female ports with red white and BLACK (should be yellow no?)

Wiz has different ext port pinout than gp2x, so I'll be very suprised if it works.

Spykez said:
And just a side note, why the hell are the cables so short and why are they female ports with red white and BLACK (should be yellow no?)
The cable isn't meant to plug into your TV, its meant to plug into the cable that goes to your TV (eg, an extension cable). It's clearly just a breakout lead. The black connector is S-Video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
Wiz has different ext port pinout than gp2x, so I'll be very suprised if it works.

Spykez said:
The cable isn't meant to plug into your TV, its meant to plug into the cable that goes to your TV (eg, an extension cable). It's clearly just a breakout lead.

oh...i knew that :p

Nope; like people are saying, it doesn't work. I thought that T-mode might mean TV mode since it just returns me to the main menu when I select it, but looking at the GP2X menus, that's some sort of testing mode.

beavith said:
Thats a shame. Thanks for the test anyways!

Have any of the devs taken a look at the TV-out pins on the GP2XW? Do you think this is something that would be fixable at some point?

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
beavith said:

Have any of the devs taken a look at the TV-out pins on the GP2XW? Do you think this is something that would be fixable at some point?
I think it may be possible, but im not really sure anyone is spending any time on this. Maybe you could :rolleyes:

beavith said:
b1ueskycomp1ex said:
beavith said:

I think it may be possible, but im not really sure anyone is spending any time on this. Maybe you could :rolleyes:

I definitely couldn't. :rolleyes:
However I'm just asking because it's looking like my wiz might be totaled, at least when it comes to the screen, pretty soon (giant crack leads to pixel plague, as far as I know.)

So TV-Out working would be a dream, then I would be able to use the wiz like one of those made-for-tv consoles xD

Spykez said:
why not RMA it? or did you do it to the screen lol

well, the screen sure as hell didn't crack itself ;)

EDIT: It's because I did DaveC's d-pad mod, and just got a little too curious. Amazingly enough, it's been a few days and yet there aren't any adverse affects with the screen. it still looks fine, and when it's on you can't really see that there's a crack in it.

I hear you have a semi-broken Wiz, would you be interested in selling it? I would like the parts for a mod I am doing over on forums.modretro.com soon.

Thanks!

Back