Wiz Network Adaptor Rendering Shot

iAmGhost

Still Fresh
Website
9h0st.co.cc
30bfrxs.png

jkul5e.png

3d rendering shot of Wiz Network Adaptor is released.

It uses 24-pin connector, and there is USB port at back.

You can use wireless network by connecting USB WLAN card or Bluetooth module to USB port.

I don't know there is built-in Wi-Fi. (maybe you need WLAN/Bluetooth module for use wireless network.)

Source: http://gpain.com/bbs4/view.php?id=photo&no=703

Last edited by a moderator:
So its pretty much a usb port to put a BYO WiFi or LAN adapter in?

EDIT: Re-read, might have in-built WiFi

EDIT II: but then again what would be the point in calling it a 'Netword Adaptor' if it cant connect to a network by itself?

This sounds like theres a mistake somewhere. I mean whats the point of a adapter if it doesn't actually do anything? Both BT and wifi integrated, please.

Looks a bit chunky for something that does nothing :p.

Are you sure those are recent renders? The Wiz doesnt have a split dpad in the first pic.

I hope that USB-Adaptor will be support plugging the USB-Hub for 2+ external USB gaming controllers.

A network adaptor which requires a USB WLAN or Bluetooth module to be connected to it in order to function?

*confused*

Sounds more like a USB host adaptor to me...

One we know for certain ... this is not a handstrap adaptor :D

Ok I am confused. I thought this was just going to be a wifi dongle but this is also so the Wiz can have USB? I thought the Wiz already had USB, because that's how it chareges the battery.

geise69 said:
Ok I am confused. I thought this was just going to be a wifi dongle but this is also so the Wiz can have USB? I thought the Wiz already had USB, because that's how it chareges the battery.
the 'usb' power line is on the EXT connection, either you will have a ext to usb cable or in my case a dev break out board with the power socket it on it.

'geise69' said:
It isn't a WiFi dongle if I understand it good ,, it is going to be a EXT -> USB host + power :) :) ( but I hope it will have WiFi and 2+ USB host ( bluetooth would be nice to :p :p ) )

This is a joke right? Why make such an adaptor at all and in 2009? :rolleyes:

Regards

André

Yes butt what does the adaptor do like Craig said is it its own host. ;)

'astro' said:
Yes butt what does the adaptor do like Craig said is it its own host. ;)

I think Wongle has already been decided ;).

A new cradle is a nice way to look at it.

Ach and when will We get the cardle with TV-out ?? Will We ever get it ,, USB host isn't everything that should be on the cardle at least for small developers who don't have the BoB ( Maybe if they would sell the BoB this Dongle would be enough as a cardle ) That's my opinion ..

Back