A tight water(weather)proof plastic/leather bag(case)?

cosurgi

http://janek.kozicki.pl/
Website
janek.kozicki.pl
Hi,

I ordered my Pandora with that soft case (which we all have seen), but I never used that case - it's too big to fit in my pockets. In fact it almost doubles the volume of Pandora.

Today is raining, and it just occurred to me:

1) Pandora is for outside-of-home use

2) most of the time that means outdoors and mass transit

3) the most common hazard outside of home is the rain

We need to protect pandora from this hazard.

I am carrying pandora in trouser lappockets on my left leg. But I am worried that it will eventually get dirty, and now - the rain! - I started worrying that it can get wet.

Today when I get back home I'll pull a plastic bag from the drawer and put pandora into a small plastic bag. This bag will not double whole Pandora's volume, contrary to the soft case sold with pandora.

Here's a hint to Craig - please consider producing a small plastic/leather bag like that. It could have a waterproof zipper to close it, or double folding of plastic. Leather would work as well, just make it tight and waterproof. It will fit perfectly into pockets!

what do you think?

Hi,

I ordered my Pandora with that soft case (which we all have seen), but I never used that case - it's too big to fit in my pockets. In fact it almost doubles the volume of Pandora.

Today is raining, and it just occurred to me:

1) Pandora is for outside-of-home use

2) most of the time that means outdoors and mass transit

3) the most common hazard outside of home is the rain

We need to protect pandora from this hazard.

I am carrying pandora in trouser lappockets on my left leg. But I am worried that it will eventually get dirty, and now - the rain! - I started worrying that it can get wet.

Today when I get back home I'll pull a plastic bag from the drawer and put pandora into a small plastic bag. This bag will not double whole Pandora's volume, contrary to the soft case sold with pandora.

Here's a hint to Craig - please consider producing a small plastic/leather bag like that. It could have a waterproof zipper to close it, or double folding of plastic. Leather would work as well, just make it tight and waterproof. It will fit perfectly into pockets!

what do you think?

I think that's a good idea. although my case fits in my coat pocket anyway.

Did you know your on the front page of www.openpandora.org Congrats :)

That would be the pelican case 1040 I think, if you get the foam inserts it is a little tight, but without the Panda just rattles around.

That would be the pelican case 1040 I think, if you get the foam inserts it is a little tight, but without the Panda just rattles around.
It's too big!

Pandora: 141mm x 84mm x 28mm,

pelican case 1040: 165mm x 98mm x 44mm !

too much by: 24mm, and 14mm, and 16mm.

Pandora Volume: (141*84*28)mm³=331cm³

pelican case volume: (165*98*44)mm³=711cm³

Pelican case 1040 is over twice bigger than Pandora. I'm sorry but my trouser lappocket isn't that big. I would buy a netbook if I had that much space in my trousers.

We need a dedicated case, that would be just a thin 3mm bigger than Pandora in each direction:

dedicated case volume: (144*87*31)mm³=388cm³

now you see what I mean? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What, you guys don't have waterproof belt-bags with storm-flaps protecting the zips? :blink:

;)

When I go really outdoor (trekking, biking, etc.), my Pandora parks in black Otterbox 2000. It fits quite tightly. Advantage - Panda can't 'dance' in it. Disadvantage - pulling Pandora off the inner foaming requires a bit of effort - you must pull the bottom part of Pandora but nothing that can't be handled + no other accessories fits in the case. I can post some pics if somebody is interested.

Edit:

Interior Dimensions: 5.757" x 3.140" x 0.979"

I recommend taking a razor blade to trim away a half cm to a cm of foam. I left a row of foam totally intact around the outside of the foam while the inside is trimmed down to make room for the Pandora.

When I go really outdoor (trekking, biking, etc.), my Pandora parks in black Otterbox 2000. It fits quite tightly. Advantage - Panda can't 'dance' in it. Disadvantage - pulling Pandora off the inner foaming requires a bit of effort - you must pull the bottom part of Pandora but nothing that can't be handled + no other accessories fits in the case. I can post some pics if somebody is interested.

Edit:

Interior Dimensions: 5.757" x 3.140" x 0.979"
I've got an OtterBox 2000 sitting here that I used for my Dingoo.

I can't get the Pandora to fit inside unless I rip the padding out which then puts plastic on plastic. Dislike that idea because I want to protect the Pandora, not scratch it up in a case meant to protect it.

That is why I chose the Pelican 1040 over the Otter. I like Otter's stuff because it is more low profile than Pelican and would have much preferred the Otter 2000 for the Pandora but it is just a little too small IMO.

Lastly, neither of these options are waterPROOF.

I recommend taking a razor blade to trim away a half cm to a cm of foam. I left a row of foam totally intact around the outside of the foam while the inside is trimmed down to make room for the Pandora.

Hi Link

I totally agree, I got the pick foam with the case, has lots of little squares with perforations.

I have used the foam I took out as a bottom for the case and have cut a few holes for SD cards to sit in, and taken a sliver off the front and back of the foam around the edge.

Works like a charm.

Cosurgi: If you are looking for a completely weather proof case you night have to resort to carrying around a bag ;)

Todays winner of the wierdest spam award goes to lovewow. :blink:

Just use a condom, preferably without lubrication.

That spam looks like it was actually typed by someone. Do they do that? :blink:
Only if they've got that much time on their hands I guess. Seriously though, would you (or anyone with half an ounce (14.175g for our metric friends) of sense) click on that link and buy ANYTHING from them?

No, seriously?

Back