Wiz doesn't turn on!

physalis17

Still Fresh
My poor wiz won't turn on! I turn it on and the LED light is blue like it should be, but now the screen won't even come on! It is all black! The last thing I did was charge it before I went to sleep because the battery died while I was playing PocketSNES. Could that have anything to do with it? Please save my Wiz! :(

Hello there,

Well what you can try is connect the cable so it is charging...
Then press the reset button. That is the small hole on top of the Wiz next to the SD-Card reader.

:)

You won't see any bootscreen at all?

Also a thing you could try is to get the Battery out for about ten minutes.
But to do so you will need a small screwdriver...

You also tried booting without a SD-Card?

I don't see anything. The thing is on and it's just a black screen. I tried taking out the SD card too. I haven't taken the battery out yet. I will try that if I can find a screw driver.

Update. I haven't been able to find a screwdriver small enough to take the screws out. I hope that solves it though. I think it is the battery since the battery died and I charged it all night. I'll try and find a smaller screwdriver sometime this week and take it out. I really don't want to send it back to the GP2Xstore. :(

Guess he should see if a firmware upgrade SD card will even show the upgrade screen, he'll know pretty quickly if it won't work.

Well I unscrewed the battery and took it out. Still same problem. :(

I guess I'll try the firmware upgrade. I hope it works. T_T

Nothing! The damn thing didn't come on still after putting in the SD card I had with the firmware upgrade. I guess the screen died or something. T_T

I'll send it back now...

KungPhoo said:
Are you sure it's not just the battery that's empty?

The battery was fully charged. When I turn it on without the charger, the blue LED light comes on like it normally does but the screen doesn't come on. It's just black. I sent it back on Monday, but I haven't heard from the GP2Xstore. Hopefully I will hear from them on Monday.

Back