Caanoo / WIZ Wiz Charging Adapter

trayvyz

Still Fresh
I came up with an idea (I'm sure it's been thought of before) that can increase the portability of the Wiz:

I thought of getting a spare data cable and mod the Wiz-side jack to accept an everyday phone or USB charger (Nokia phone chargers have a convenient small jack and a 5V DC output). That way maybe I could create a dongle-adapter so that when traveling you don't need to carry the whole cable and/or separate charger and you can charge your Wiz with your phone charger. Care must be taken though in that you use the right charger and you don't toast your device.

What do you think? Is it possible? it involves some soldering and voltage measuring but other than that I think it's pretty simple. Tell me what you think and maybe I'll attempt it and post a tutorial!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* I've made a mistake in the image, the jack has 7 pins actually, not 5.​

PS: Does anybody know what kind of connector that is the Wiz uses? Can you get this jack anywhere else or do you need to buy a new cable and dismantle it?

There is something similar out there already. It's called an iGo charger. The adapter stays the same but you can change the tips for whatever you want to charge. The A06 tip works perfectly with the Wiz, but it's discontinued so you have to do some searching. Got mine on Ebay for $5.

If you live in Europe (or buy a plug adapter), you can buy this:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1-49-en-70-3dt4.html

I want to add a mini usb on the top right so i can charge/data transfer using that instead. Are there any diagrams or guides for that?

Back