Wiz Arbitrarily Recognizing Sd Card

DrPreston

Still Fresh
My Wiz is arbitrarily recognizing my SD card. Is there a known fix for this? I've already had to RMA it once because of a defective screen.

Now I can't get it to read ANY SD card at all.
When I go to launcher the SD card registers as empty. Anything else that uses the SD card (like recorder) says there is no SD card.
Can this be fixed by re flashing the firmware or do I have to send this back again?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? If not - how do you think you will be able to reflash it without an SD card reading capability?

I have rebooted it several times, with and without the SD card in it. If it's not a hardware failure, maybe the bootloader (or whatever it is that flashes the firmware) can still read the SD card.

Have you tried the SD cards on your pc/mac/whatever? Are they working there? Could be the card itself is corrupt.

That happened to me once. While the Wiz was on, I ejected the card and reinserted it and it came back online (???). Firmware glitch?

FrankenPC said:
That happened to me once. While the Wiz was on, I ejected the card and reinserted it and it came back online (???). Firmware glitch?
I've done that dozens of times.
I guess I'll RMA it again. I'll see if ThinkGeek will let me wait until after the holidays to send it in though as I really wanted to enjoy this over Christmas and New Years and I can still play games from the NAND.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back