With Pandora Work Well As A Media Player? (like Mp3 And Mpeg4, Ect..)

Chip said:
Hotcooler said:
I have a question though. Would I be able to connect a phone via BT to pandora and a Jabra via BT to pandora. Listen to styff from pandora, and when a phone recieves a call it would pause music and pass through a call?
I'm going to have to say "probably not". There's nothing in the BT spec or Pandora hardware that prevents it, but it would require some software trickery on both the Pandora (doable) and your phone (probably not doable). Your phone likely only has two connection modes - either data for tethering and syncing or audio for headphones. To do what you're asking, there would either have to be software on your phone that would forward the voice data through the Pandora to the headphones, or your headphones would have to be able to pair with both the Pandora and phone at the same time. There may be headphones that will pair with multiple devices simultaneously, but I am not aware of them.
Couldn't the Pandora connect to the phone as an A2DP device, while also connected to the headphones?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about something like this.

When there is no calls.

CODE
Headphones <-A2DP-> Pandora <-DATA->Phone

When there is a call.

CODE

|<---Pass Trough--->|
Headphones <-A2DP-> Pandora <-Headset->Phone

Hotcooler said:
I was thinking about something like this.

When there is no calls.

CODE
Headphones <-A2DP-> Pandora <-DATA->Phone
When there is a call.

CODE

|<---Pass Trough--->|
Headphones <-A2DP-> Pandora <-Headset->Phone

Why don't you link the headphones up to both the Pandora and the Phone using the headphones' multipoint capability? I guess I am overlooking some basic assumption in your setup as I haven't used bluetooth headsets before. I am considering buying the Jabra headphones, but the reviews are really mixed. A bonus question: don't you need to do AVRCP in order to stop playback on the Pandora when you take the call?

/grydholt

grydholt said:
Why don't you link the headphones up to both the Pandora and the Phone using the headphones' multipoint capability?
This would also require the phone to be able to pair with both the Pandora (for data) and the headphones (for calls) at the same time. I believe most phones (smartphones, at least) can do this, but it's still something you're going to have to try out for yourself.

Back