Windows Xp Themes

themes suck... i used litestep which speeds it up and looks nice and clean. but i am a linux nerd anyways so i don't really use it a lot at all. I can only recommend litestep though, as it has a huge bunch of enhancements and other neat things, is free, pretty customizable and easy to install unless you want to customize and fine tune, then you need to edit a few scripts and all that.

anyways, i bet telcolou's real name is clarence...

WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 15 2007 at 09:37 PM said:
No it isn't, I used the term "effect" in the correct context. I said, and I quote: "Anything that might effect performance"; To effect anything means in its basic form to change, alter or to produce a result, in this context it means to degrade or increase performance. And that is obvious taken into the consideration the context of how I used the word "effect".

Anyway, enough of the lack of understanding of the English language, and the obvious anti-Windows fanboyism.

Try and be constructive next time okey dokey.
Actually that's incorrect as pointed out before. Maybe you should check a dictionary of some kind before making baseless accusations of my "lack of understanding of the English language".

I'm sorry for having "obvious anti-Windows fanboyism". Maybe I should be more subtle about how I think Windows is very insecure and poorly structured? Just in case I upset you.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 16 2007 at 07:35 AM said:
Also, I like having a little launcher that has all my frequently used programs on it. The launcher auto hides as does my taskbar leaving me with the full desktop area to work with. Here's my present desktop:
(Image) :)
Nice desktop :)

Last edited by a moderator:
so are themes good or bad then? ;)

i had hover desk years ago but that just slowed everything down a bunch - are the newer methods for this a little more optimised now or am i going to notice a serious drain on performance and loading times?

'cos yeh, im tired of the ol desktop as well....

nj

xnopasaranx posted on Feb 16 2007 at 05:10 AM said:
anyways, i bet telcolou's real name is clarence...

13.jpg

"Cops don't like me, so I don't like cops."

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 16 2007 at 01:10 PM said:
The correct term would in fact be 'affect' in this situation.

Anyway, it's obvious that telco's real name is Lou ;)

Nope ... it's an acronym. 20 points to the first one to guess what the letters stand for ;)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 16 2007 at 06:55 PM said:
Lou is seriously not your real name?

wtf what is it then?

It's an acronym, seriously.

Telco = TELeCOm, or Telecommunications, for the field of work I'm in ... LOU is an abbreviation for something telcom related.

</clue>

SiDCrAzY posted on Feb 16 2007 at 07:51 PM said:
Logical Operation Units?

Nope; and this is getting WAY too off-topic, even for the off-topic forum.

haha yeah you're right.

That was my last guess anyways, I'm stumped.

Edit: Local Oscillator Unit?...I swear thats my last guess :D

TelcoLou posted on Feb 17 2007 at 12:55 AM said:
Nope; and this is getting WAY too off-topic, even for the off-topic forum.

Maybe you should report yourself? :ph34r:

Back