Wind And Water: Puzzle Battles

I just emailed them asking if they had a release date for this AWESOME game.

I'll post it here if/when they reply back.

A while ago, they sayed "March 2007" I think... ^^"""
I'm sure, the Game will be finished soon, because even the old Teaser Demo looked very polished. :)

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not replying earlier Sid, was waiting for the interview to come online to reply, but you went one step ahead :p

Anyway, I hope the interview answers anyone's questions :)

-- YuanHao

A r k posted on Apr 1 2007 at 06:47 PM said:
Hi everyone,

Sorry for not replying earlier Sid, was waiting for the interview to come online to reply, but you went one step ahead :p

-- YuanHao
YES! :) Amazing Screenshots! Impressive work, I wish I had such a gfx talent ^^""
But I find this quote here a little bit scary:
"...The AI is good enough to beat one of the creators of W&W!"
I hope, this AI will show mercy with an little amateur-Puzzler like me :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Julius said:
A r k said:
Not mine about TV-Out and two player support :p

Hello there! Thanks everyone for the comments!

Let me answer those questions for you.

The TV-Out is funcional already, and it works "fine" as it is, however there are two "problems" we would like to fix.

First, the GP2X skips lines when sending the video signal, so the image suffer from a little cropping, which makes the delicate pixel graphics look bad sometimes. We have no idea if there can be any way to display the signal with all the lines and some "overscan", but it would be best if it could be done.

Second, the GP2X's screen's color is not callibrated properly, and there are several problems, especially with color saturation. The final game will have the color hand-callibrated to fit the GP2X screen properly, however, this would make the colors look wrong in a CRT display such as a monitor or television set; so we have to find a way to work around this.

Regarding your other question, Wind and Water is a lot of fun to play against another player, and multiplayer has always been a plan, even for the mini-games. One of the possibilities is to attach a USB controller to the BOB, though we haven't worked on that because the nearest GP2X store doesn't have it (it's been out of stock for a while). As soon as we have more time for that we will get a unit and test it to make it work for two players.

Hope that answers your questions.

fusion_power: glad you like the screenshots :)

Have a nice day everyone.

A r k said:
Hi everyone,

Sorry for not replying earlier Sid

-- YuanHao
No problem :)

Great game you have here, you'll definitely be getting a purchase from me!

I'll probably buy it the same day It'll go out :D

I'm Realy waiting it !

paxl13

Yuan said:
First, the GP2X skips lines when sending the video signal, so the image suffer from a little cropping, which makes the delicate pixel graphics look bad sometimes. We have no idea if there can be any way to display the signal with all the lines and some "overscan", but it would be best if it could be done.
Yeah that seems to be a general problem with the TV-out right now. I hope that can be fixed.
If you happen to find a solution please share the code with the community!

Good to know that you're waiting for the game, that makes us work a lot harder :D hehe!

Yeah, I wonder if the TV out problem can be solved. It'd be real good if there's a solution!

Back