Demo Of Commercial Game Wind And Water Update

YuanHao

Website
www.yuanworks.com
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to drop a note that there's been a small update in our demo for the commercial game Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles.

Also, somebody added Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles to Wikipedia in English :) Thanks! Looks nice, it's also in GP2X.org wiki but the Wikipedia version is more elaborated for now.

Here's the info from the blog:

Updates from 1.0 to 1.1:

- The music was a little “jagged” some times, not too common but still bothered. This has been greatly removed.

- The bug which let you score points for the Extra section in any mode has been fixed.

player_select.jpg

Here’s the link to the manual where you can download the game.

Direct link to the updated 1.10 demo. (GP2X Archive mirror here, thanks sbock).

If you already had version 1.00 running, you can download the GPE file and replace it. If you’re not too sure what to do just download the full version again.

Thank you!

-- YuanHao

PS/ If the person who uploaded the file to archive.gp2x.de reads this, can you please update the file and write the bug fixes? Thank you :)

Looks good, i'll give it a try. :)

Will the game have a SD card version or only distributed via download.

BTW here's something I wanted to ask, we recently lost our TV-OUT cable and the new one takes too much time to ship here :( so if anyone has a TV-Out cable, any way to record videos and lots of free time in his hands, just wondering if you could record the tutorials and maybe one or two demoplays and upload them to YouTube, since the other videos are in bad quality and are not from the demo.

Thanks in advance if anyone can do it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How does the download thing work? If it locks to one single GP2X count me out. If that unit needs replacing I lose the game, not for me.

How does the download thing work? If it locks to one single GP2X count me out. If that unit needs replacing I lose the game, not for me.
Hi DaveC,

We have been thinking about this for a while, and we have thought of letting people download the game and use it on any GP2X, and any SD card. Of course, I understand piracy, but I feel like everyone who wants to buy the game will buy it cause it's worth it and for support, and since we are also small developers who love the GP2X and would love to see more commercial games. That's at least what we are wishing, and that's why we don't want to lock it in the SD card or GP2X, so that you and everyone pay for a permanent product. :) We'll also try to encourage people who buy the game with special members-only area as high-score tables, promotions, contests, etc., and of course list the person in a big special thanks list!

EDIT: Sam fisher, dun worry :) hehe

That sounds good, the GP2x scene is fairly small and anyone in it who would have the cheek to download a pirate copy of a GP2x commercial game would never of considered buying it in the first place.

That sounds good, the GP2x scene is fairly small and anyone in it who would have the cheek to download a pirate copy of a GP2x commercial game would never of considered buying it in the first place.

Sam fisher, I agree with you :D I trust the GP2X community and had good feedback, and that's enough to convince us :)

Hi DaveC,

We have been thinking about this for a while, and we have thought of letting people download the game and use it on any GP2X, and any SD card. Of course, I understand piracy, but I feel like everyone who wants to buy the game will buy it cause it's worth it and for support, and since we are also small developers who love the GP2X and would love to see more commercial games. That's at least what we are wishing, and that's why we don't want to lock it in the SD card or GP2X, so that you and everyone pay for a permanent product. :) We'll also try to encourage people who buy the game with special members-only area as high-score tables, promotions, contests, etc., and of course list the person in a big special thanks list!

EDIT: Sam fisher, dun worry :) hehe

Thanks, I love to hear an attitude like that from a commercial developer, especially for a smaller scale system like the gp2x. I'm definitely going to try the demo and possibly purchase the full version.

[/quote]
Sam fisher, I agree with you :D I trust the GP2X community and had good feedback, and that's enough to convince us :)
[/quote]

What a refreshing way of thinking about things. I will certanly take a look at this demo and concider it!

Thank you :) we really appreciate all your support!

Remember to read the Tutorials and try the Puzzle mode! We have included many extras to unlock in this demo :D

-- YuanHao

A r k said:
We have been thinking about this for a while, and we have thought of letting people download the game and use it on any GP2X, and any SD card. Of course, I understand piracy, but I feel like everyone who wants to buy the game will buy it cause it's worth it and for support, and since we are also small developers who love the GP2X and would love to see more commercial games.

Great news! That's a brave decision and I totally agree with you opinion.

Regards.
Stephan

Thank you, I'm sure that will put some relief in alot of people who are worried about the game locking on a unit or having doubts about whether to buy it or not. :)

Hey, thanks for the little single .gpe :) So I poor Modem-User don't have to load the whole game again. ^^

It was a bug, that every mode could count for unlocking extras? Hm... It has not helped me to unlock Extra Nr. 10 :lol: And I played really long in practise-mode ;)

Sam; well let's hope it solves everyone's issue who had a doubt about buying it or not :)

Julius, thanks for the comments, well we still have no release date but you may expect to be released in Q1, or maybe a bit later. Still it's not official, just my personal estimate :)

And yeah, you'll be able to pay with Paypal!
Hey, thanks for the little single .gpe :) So I poor Modem-User don't have to load the whole game again. ^^

It was a bug, that every mode could count for unlocking extras? Hm... It has not helped me to unlock Extra Nr. 10 :lol: And I played really long in practise-mode ;)
Hi, I was thinking of you when I made the update so I thought the GPE file might help :)! Glad it did.

Yes it was a bug :( you had to score 1000 points in Time Attack, but that is a little hard to achieve :(. It's too high, but here's a tip, try making lots of Elementals, they give alot of points, and are easier to do than large Chains!

Back