willow glass a flexible ultra thin screen!

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
http://www.coolest-g...ter/#more-69294

This is a new ultra thin flexible glass that's been created.I think maybe a foldable screen could be made with this technology.The clamshell sony tablet that is available currently had a hing divide in the middle of the screen.With this glass maybe a foldable or clamshell tablet with a seamless unobstructed screen could be produced.a potential pandora 2 could have a screen that slides or folds out to become a much larger display.The portability of the p2 could be maintained.currently tablets with large displays are far from portable.This was just an idea ive had for a while and now ive just read about such a screen. Would this be feasible I wonder.It looks like willow glass will have a lot of potential applications.

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
im sure it would be expensive but its just theoretical really and yeah the panddy 1 is not that cheap either especially the1ghz models

theoretically if we wait 5 or 10 years we should be able to have a holographic screen for the P2. At least based on some cool theoretical product designs I once saw for devices for 2020. Someone could probably drop a link to the article those appeared in.

Null

Paeonia
Holographic screens are old tech, so no 5 to 10 year wait necessary. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ghostpatch

The Sony tablet has two seperat screens. I dont see any devices with foldable screen coming out in the near future and new technologies are extremly expensive and buggy at first.. It might be an option for Pandora 3

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
^^^^^^ Yeah could be a while before foldable screens come in but i guess it will inevitably happen.

ghostpatch

actually there are prototypes of foldable screens.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/m9EZrYmABLU?feature=oembed (Caution turn down your volume - horrible music!)

I really really like those flat screens without separate backlight!! because last week a tiny bug died between the backlight and TFT layer of my monitor. Had to take the whole thing apart to clean it... that just sucks ehhhh.... -.-

Last edited by a moderator:

2bit

Strigoi , my ah fellow Internet human I think I remember reading an article about that can't recall whether they made a prototype or if it was just a concept . Please don't tell me they made a prototype because then it will just be another piece of retro gaming epicness I'll never be able to experience . SIGH .