Will you buy the Ngage...

The Moose

Hey Everyone,
Ive been surfin around the net a little bit, and I see that the Ngayge has a few cool features such as the FM radio while you play games, might i add. Plus it has SonicN and Tony Hawk, my fav of the series. And i guess thats all th cool features. Well, anyways, i have no intrest of this thing for the crap phone use or this Bluetooth thing. Gah, network handheld multiplayer? Online gaming is really starting to piss me off. Whatever happened to getting enthralled into a good game of Sonic 3 or Final Fantasy 7 all by yourself? Ah well, thats a WHOLE nother topic.
But, as the demise of the Ngage nearing, (which i truly see as inevidable, response wanted though) and these things go on clearance, will you buy one just for the heck of it?
I will. Go Sonic Adva... SonicN!! :unsure:

As a collector eventually i'll buy one, but the price would have to drop to around $50 first. Any one else notice in the n-gage commercials how choppy the gameplay looks on each game???

extremegamer posted on Dec 7 2003 at 06:46 AM said:
As a collector eventually i'll buy one, but the price would have to drop to around $50 first. Any one else notice in the n-gage commercials how choppy the gameplay looks on each game???
Yes, i did notice that VERY choppy framerate, especially on that football game, and Tom Clancy. But more the football game. :p How are they making these commercials anyways? Are they just holding the camera close to a console, or do you think there running an in house emu or something? I dont Know. It still stinks. I wouldnt say it sucks, but it stinks. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
:D ya it is pretty terrible. Any 1 could see that football game looked bad and choppy. To me it was just hella funny!
ps-n gage is dum

I'll never never never buy Ngage because it's piece of shit..it's horrible mobile phone, useless mp3 player, the worst handheld on the market etc. And I am not moron who complain because simply hate Nokia and Ngage. I had the "pleasure" to use Ngage for 14 days (to write a review for webmag where I am editor) and been hugely disappointed in every way. Only nagage pros is bluetooth which would be cool if the games which have bluetooth support were worth playing.

Please dont get me started on the N-Gage.

I worte a long article for another gaming website when N-Gage started its European tour in late August.

While 100 demo units were on display only about 40 were working, most of the units were badly scratched some had the plastic bit missing round the screen. Next was the challenge to get the public to play the units instead of just standing, they thought up a Tony Hawks competition where the highest score of the day won a trip to Paris and an N-Gage. I was number 2 on the score board at the end of the day which was a major gutter.
However i did get an N-Gage goodie bag with loads of N-Gage goodies including a Pen, Stickers, T Shirt, Belt, Cap, Another T Shirt.

Anyway back to the console:

I got to play all the launch games (Apart from pandemonium both units were screwed) and have to say the only one that was remotely fun was Tony Hawks even then if you hit the wrong button then you were taken out of the game which got on my nerves as i have big fingers and the buttons were so close together.

Currently the console is selling 200 units per week which is shockingly bad since they are now FREE on contract.

I have not even mentioned how much of a prat you look like when useing the phone part of the N-Gage and the fact that the unit only works with a sim card in and you have to take the batteries out to change the game (joy!)

I would not get too excited about Sonic N as its Sonic Advance 1 with some features missing and a £35 price tag (Sonic Advance can be had for about £15).

I think just about every game on the system is a port from one version or another.

I have never laughed so much when i heard that they expected to get almost £250 for the heap of junk.

I struggled to contain my laughter the other week when I was buying some second hand megadrive games, and while I was at the counter a woman with an n-gage stopped to answer her phone. I would have burst out laughing if I didn't get some damn good games, I was kinda distracted :)

Steve-O posted on Dec 7 2003 at 01:23 PM said:
if it drops to £10 I would..
People still seem to be bidding on them on ebay. I'd be interested in one myself if the price did plunge - I like Symbian OS mobiles.

Whoops. I'm dying of the flu at the moment and my brains are fuddled. First time I tried to quote this I hit report. Will that just send it to a mod or something?

I wouldn't purchase the Ngage if it was the absolute last time you could have own a handheld.

Although I did see the Ngage at Buy.com for 299$ USD, plus buy.com adds a $100 online store coupon after you purchase it. Boy are they trying to get rid of there stock of Ngage's or what?? What a waste of money, and effort. Its seems like they spent enough of money on marketing and not enough on Pre and post production.

yeah ngayge is a cool mobile phone it looks very cool. www.sidetalking.com
and dont forget that great highres fast running games!!!
hey and it has very good emulators like gb thats runs nearly fullspeed!!
oh i have forgot the cool radio.
[/i]
icon8.gif

Vimcas posted on Dec 7 2003 at 08:11 PM said:
yeah ngayge is a cool mobile phone it looks very cool. www.sidetalking.com
and dont forget that great highres fast running games!!!
hey and it has very good emulators like gb thats runs nearly fullspeed!!
oh i have forgot the cool radio.
[/i]
icon8.gif
Fanboy! :rolleyes:

Trooper

To be honest, the ngage never impressed me right from the beginning. It's definitely a gimmicky thing, and I think it will probably be replaced fairly soon by something a bit more well thought out. I think Nokia wanted to be the first people to release something so games based, and have a history of releasing the first but not necessarily the best of most things mobile phone based. If I could get is as a free upgrade on my current contract, I'd just sell it and use the money to buy something more worthwhile!

Axeman posted on Dec 7 2003 at 02:59 PM said:
It's definitely a gimmicky thing, and I think it will probably be replaced fairly soon by something a bit more well thought out.
well now their reputation is pretty much screwed, and it will take a helluva lotof marketing to get them back on track... but then again they had a lot of marketing in the first place... hmm... well, lets just leave it at "N-gage sucks, nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah!" :p

Back