I will buy or repair broken SMCs

Phocks

Still Fresh
Yep, you read that right. If you have a SMC that you can't read/write to (For example, cameras give a card error and can't format, and readers can't even mount it as a drive letter), but it doesn't have physical damage (Broken chip, cut metal contacts, etc), I am willing to buy the card from you or repair it for you. 'Why', you ask? My friend works at a local in-town data recovery center, and he has access to hardware that can do some pretty cool stuff (Like forcing a format on a smc without needing to be able to recognize it). Now, what everyone wants: The prices.

To have any size of SMC recovered, it'll cost USD $0.15 per meg of card size ($19.20 for a 128m, $9.60 for a 64m, etc.) plus the cost of shipping. When the card is repaired, we can also recover as many files as we can (for free) if you want. They will simply be put in 'recover.zip' on the SMC before it is returned. If the card can't be repaired, the card itself will be sent back and you will be given a full refund, minus shipping.

If you want to sell me your SMC, I'll buy them for the price of $.12 per meg of card size ($15.36 for a 128m, etc.), and that includes the cost of shipping (If it is sent internationally, I may make an exception). Since it would be coming out of my pocket, I may not always have the money to buy every SMC that is offered, and I require a picture/scan of both sides of the SMC before I will agree to buy it.

Like all of my dealings that involve money, paypal is highly preferred. If you need your SMC repaired or want it bought, send me an email at SMC@Phocks.net . Also, I will ship internationally, but you would have to cover any customs charges or taxes.

Actually Generalnmx,

In the US it costs us roughly as low as 28- 50 USD for a 128 NEW SMC.
Repairing one for about $19 + say a priority shipping flat rate of $3.85 in the US. Its actually a good deal. Especially if you can have your files recovered for free.
Its a great deal for US customers.

Also its not a bad deal for europeans either, Shipping Internationally from the US is only 5 USD flat rate. Its not too bad. I don't know what shipping would be like from Europe though :rolleyes:

I prefer shipping via ups since it's the easiest for me to use and it's quite reliable with tracking and insurance, plus they do int'l shipping. If anyone's curious what the shipping cost would be, send me a mail or just ask here

the US it costs us roughly as low as 28- 50 USD for a 128 NEW SMC.
Repairing one for about $19 + say a priority shipping flat rate of $3.85 in the US. Its actually a good deal. Especially if you can have your files recovered for free.
Its a great deal for US customers.

I live in the US, and I can get it cheaper then $28!

And remember the shipping fee would be for both ways.

But, now that I think about it some more, you may be able to save a few bucks...

Back