Will the back light (when its released) drain the

Kashinoda

Still Fresh
Hey, I am getting a GP32 soon, just waiting for gbax.com to stock the backlight version, just wonderin. Will this but down the battery at all, or is it nothing to worry about? Thanks in advanance

I don't think anyone here knows for SURE what affect the back light will have on the batteries, but yes, I'm sure it will drain the batteries faster than no light. A good question is if there will be a way to turn on/off or dim the light to avoid battery drain when it isn't needed.

Be patient... craigix said he is getting one soon, and I'm sure he will give us all the details!

Craig's gettin his test version on 10th April.......and he said he is going to do a review (video review)

So ull know then :)

TFC

The backlight will either be always-on, or you'll have to set up the switch yourself (requires extra case modding etc.)

Of course GBAx will do it for you :D

And I would go with everyone else in saying it'll use up batteries pretty damn fast.

- Rico

I should have mine in the morning :)

Doing review for monday (am away for part of weekend) - we will have them in stock on the 10th

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Craig,

Will you do some rough timing, with fresh batteries to show how long they last with the light on, versus off?

You also may want to measure the milliamps drawn with and without the light.

That should lay to rest some of the doubts about the light.

BTW, will you be getting the kit in, or just the GP32 with pre-installed light?

I've written a little program to count and write the time to the smc, so i will be able to leave the gp32 with the light on and then when it finally runs out of power i'll know EXACTLY how long they lasted.

I'll do the test at 60/100/133mhz

I'm going to do some video too, if things work out video of some unreleased stuff running with the unreleased light :)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craig, have you done this test without the battery? Your site states that it lasts 10-14 hours, is that 10 hours at 133mhz ? If so, how much does it last at 60 mhz ?

- Rico

Is this a new version of the GP32 with a backlight built in we are talking about, or a mod so you can add your own backlight?

Harvey,

As far as we all know this ones built in, with a front light mod comming later in the month.

As far as i know..... :blink:

Bonks

just wondering if there is any kit available to light the gp32 yet? any suggestions????
cheers, jim

Back