Wii Through Component Cable.

CUPC4KES

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH.....
Website
Visit site
hi all, i got my component leads a while back and to be honest i couldnt tell much difference between that and scart, i flicked between all the output options and they all just look the same, this wouldnt bother me so much but everytime i see any wii footage on gamer tv (mario galaxy especially) it looks amazingly crisp, anyone else using these leads with any luck? when i switch between the outputs through the wii it seems to do nothin, not even a flicker as its adjusting. thanks for any help.

Well, the component cables carry a lower resolution video signal than the RGB-Scart ones (at least for PAL games), the only merit of them is that the video isn´t interlaced but progressive. I personally prefer a higher resolution to progressive video, i never had any problems with the interlacing.

I definitely noticed a discernible difference when moving between Composite and RGB Scart. And I was hoping for an even bigger improvement when using Component. However, I agree with the opening post in that any improvement in quality is barely noticeable. In hindsight I wouldn't advice anyone to spend £25 on the component cables for the Wii.

Back