Wifi Want To Know If In "theory" What Chips Will Work With T

letsridebmx104

Still Fresh
I'm trying to develop a wifi "Box" to sell to users to use on the gp2x system. I need to know if only the rt2570 series chips will work.. or will any 2.4 kernel chip work? thanks, zdAtK

Well it has to support WPA2 and the RT chipsets struggle on WPA2 with the open driver(from my experience).

if you have to ask on here for info, how do you expect to sell these things to gp2x users? same with that breakoutboard idea, have you tried researching yourself before asking questions you can find out via google ?

i see lots of threads with good intentions (of fleecing people perhaps) maybe if you wernt after "selling to masses" you would get a better response...

Samba Pa Ti said:
if you have to ask on here for info, how do you expect to sell these things to gp2x users? same with that breakoutboard idea, have you tried researching yourself before asking questions you can find out via google ?

i see lots of threads with good intentions (of fleecing people perhaps) maybe if you wernt after "selling to masses" you would get a better response...
Look , Not to flame bash or Fight, I HAVE researched on google countless hours of the past month have been devoted to this "issue". The statement about "selling to the masses" was a joke. I JUST WANT TO GET 1 WORKING FIRST! IF I can get 1 working and people would like to purchase then sure, I will Try and produce, But I figured that Since most if my research came up blank, I would ask in a place that I felt could help me with that issue.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
i would go for zd1211rw based devices because rt2x00 wont be included until 2.6.24 kernel comes out. And the mac subsystem is completely new in the next revision of the linux kernel so its not just a case of recompiling for older kernels, rt2x00 seems like beta quality to me (not stable) so until the quirks is fixed im steering away from rt2x00usb devices ,im sure it will work just dandy in due time but the cake is not baked (not for me atleast).

i have not tried zd1211rw based devices so i dont know what the status on the drivers for those but they "might" be the sane option

for the record rt2x00 devices work in linux but im getting various problems with the driver 100% cpu when setting ifconfig up,disconnecting,hostap problems,scanning problems, and such.

The legacy driver works more reliably for me, (rt2400,rt2500,rt61,rt73) but the older driver dont support AP,Master and that branch will probably not be supported for very long.

Take what i say with a grain of salt its just the internets luv ;)

Back