Wifi not soldered well?

studiomaim

Still Fresh
I received my Pandora couple weeks ago and I really enjoyed playing around with it.

However, there were three problems including one big issue.

Two small ones are about missing rubber pad on the one side of LCD lid edge and

one screw at the back is not holding at all. It seems like somebody tighten the

screw too much while assembling. I need to get a replacement for the case for this.

These two issues are not that big deal.

The biggest problem is that the Wifi only works twice during last couple weeks. It

simple won't come on. No red LED even if I choose togle Wifi program or executed

the op_wifi.sh manually. I saw red LED coming on when it works twice. However, no

lack since then.

I tried the old and new driver. However, it seems those driver fix is not working

with my Wifi module.

After trying for couple weeks, I finally decided to inspect the board.

I checked the board and I am now suspecting the connection between the board and the

Wifi module.

I attached the dmesg log after running the op_wifi.sh and the close up pic of the

Wifi module. Number of pins on this edge looks like are not well connected. Some of

them looks like is not connected well, but are connected as you can see. However,

two pins a bit left from the center of the image looks not connected or at least

only half connected.

Any suggestion?

Image1.jpg

Attachments

• wifi_on.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 406
Last edited by a moderator:
You probably should have contacted support before disassembling, since technically, you've now voided your warranty.

one screw at the back is not holding at all. It seems like somebody tighten the

screw too much while assembling. I need to get a replacement for the case for this.

These two issues are not that big deal.
I just sent back my instant Pandora because of this. $40 USPS priority with insurance for $500

My case has severe flaws and not much screw love.

Back