Wifi, New Fw Or Comercial Bob?

I'm looking forward to the bob (Sorry nubie, but if everything comes in one nice little package I'll be happy). But I'd also like a new firmware that supported wifi SD cards - cant think of anything else I'd like in the firmware though - oh maybe SDHC card support.

Godmil posted on Feb 9 2007 at 10:37 AM said:
I'm looking forward to the bob (Sorry nubie, but if everything comes in one nice little package I'll be happy). But I'd also like a new firmware that supported wifi SD cards - cant think of anything else I'd like in the firmware though - oh maybe SDHC card support.

Oh yea, SDHC support would be sweet. I just checked the prices, and a 8gb card is like $55! That is ridiculous, and even cheaper than what I paid for my 4gb card. Wifi would be cool too, but I am not, really into that idea. I mean web-surfing would be cool and all, but what the hell would I really use it for, other than that?

DSR

Last edited by a moderator:
Support for more languages in both the video player's subtitles and the ebook reader (non latinic based languages), official html and pdf viewer that can vew images, OFFICIAL COMICS READER WITH MUSIC PLAYER IN THE BACKGROUND.
Those are the things I want the most in the new firmware, and it should not break any compatibility.

Do want the Comercial BOB, I nearly bought the open version but waited for the housed unit, wanted to buy it at Christmas with my money.

Quite happy with current FW unless something big changes, although support for the new SD cards would be nice.

Not bothered about Wifi.

Blah posted on Feb 9 2007 at 06:51 AM said:
Well for a new FW, I want a current 2.4 kernel (2.4 is still being maintained and is better suited that 2.6), plus more current versions of the libs we're accustomed to (sdl, libc, libgcc, etc), so we can use dynamic linking without going through hoops, better bootscripts (more efficient = faster boot time, also make sure GP2XMENU is not involved in the boot proccess), improve Gmenu2x and make it the default menu, improve GPH devkit to use stuff like gcc 4.1.1 and glibc 2.4 so they can keep up with the times and build us better firmware, etc, etc. But some of this stuff I am working on myself, but it would be easier if GPH were involved.
Sounds exactly like open2x :S

Last edited by a moderator:
Back