Wifi, New Fw Or Comercial Bob?

abertalia

Website
Visit site
Maybe this could get GPH to finnaly get workin on one if they see what the users want most! :D And I would also like to see what the community wanted more...Retail BOB, WIFI, or a new firmware...

EDIT: Ok sorry there was supposed to be a poll but it didnt work right....Oh well you can still say which you would rather have..... <_<

purple_goat posted on Feb 8 2007 at 05:24 PM said:
link cable for multi player,
also we have had TONS OF THESE TOPICS,
so to everyone: UNLESS YOU HAVE TIES TO GPH PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE TOPICS!!

... whoa, killer ... calm down. I seem to recall a few silly topics created by you;

"Skin Help!" (in the General section)

"NEO GEO Previews! I can't find them! (also in the wrong section, and you didn't RTFM)

"I still need help, but keep posting in the wrong forum!"

... the terms "glass house" and "throwing stones" apply here ;)

... Oh, and where the **** is our BOB already? :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not saying I have not done stupid [things];).
I was not yelling, only emphisizing.
If my statement came off as mean, I am very sorry.

-edited cuz telcolou was like: shit dude you is the R-tard of engushhsz-

purple_goat posted on Feb 8 2007 at 05:53 PM said:
im not saying i havent do stupid shit, and i yelling i was just making sure everyone read it ..
if it came off as mean, im sorry.

... if your intent was to wound me with your atrocious spelling and grammar, congratulations;

Critical hit! 10+ damage!

;)

TelcoLou posted on Feb 8 2007 at 03:01 PM said:
purple_goat posted on Feb 8 2007 at 05:53 PM said:
im not saying i havent do stupid shit, and i yelling i was just making sure everyone read it ..
if it came off as mean, im sorry.

... if your intent was to wound me with your atrocious spelling and grammar, congratulations;

Critical hit! 10+ damage!

;)
I'm sorry, let me change that.

edited cuz telcolou was like: shit dude you is the R-tard of engushhsz-
fricken hilarious! as to the topic i want both a new non borked FW and a BOB! i need to get to work on my custom one again

triton posted on Feb 8 2007 at 04:08 PM said:
edited cuz telcolou was like: shit dude you is the R-tard of engushhsz-
fricken hilarious! as to the topic i want both a new non borked FW and a BOB! i need to get to work on my custom one again
yeah! Dark-triton's 2.1.1oe-a!!

Don't care about WiFi or a new firmware (unless it really did something special), but the commercial BoB would be nice. Not sure I'd use it all that much though.

at this point i no longer want wifi. I tried it on a more usable for internet device (tapwave zodiac) and it just wasn't worth it because of the lack of hotspots. The gp2x would make it 10 times worse because of having no touchscreen. So i would say commercial bob. The design is sort of annoying to me (cradle) but it still seems cool. I figure if they don't release one in the next two months then it won't happen so ill just by the dev one and use a case from something else. (but what?) Maybe the ps1... dunno.

jbrodack posted on Feb 8 2007 at 05:35 PM said:
I want a clip on bob with wifi included. that was supposed to be the plan at one point. i guess now they are just throwing a case on top of the dev bob and yet its taking them forever to do it.
Nice, considering the $50 they overcharge for a bare board, I bet a wifi BoB will cost $250.

I wish everyone would quit with the Bob, or at least specify they want a TV out USB.

PS, a TV-Out USB will cost you $25. Call it $35 with a powered 4 port USB hub.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=34309

I know, I know a work in progress. I probably would have done something nicer or finished it if I owned a GP2X.

Hello to GPH, when you re-design a product, put a $0.20 chip in to filter the USB, and let the super expensive internal voltage regulator power it, and maybe make the backlight brightness adjustable too. Oh, yeah, put a USB socket on the board and a D-Pad. Why can't Koreans get it through their skulls. I guess by the GP4X maybe. Just like with Hyundai, first few generations of their cars sucked, now they are making real cars.

So to sum up:
No I don't want a commercial GPH Bob,

Wifi? Sure, plug it in :), probably would have if I had a wifi stick and a GP2X.

New FW?? Be specific, singing? Dancing? WMV player? A current kernel? or just more fancy pictures so everyone must update their skin packs. . . again.

Well actually I thought 2.1.0 was pretty good...Accept the video player wasnt so nice...so yeah I was mostly thinking of a 2.5.0 or something.....

Some new bob news for you.

The reason it has been held back is due to new features added to it that are not avalible on the uncased version.

GPH knew it would be bad for business if they released it early as everyone that has forked out for the uncovered version is going to be pretty pissed off when they find that the covered version has new features added to it, making what they paid for inferior to the new product.

It's sill going to be a while untill we see it released.

[gollum] You will see, oh yes you will see [/gollum]

Well for a new FW, I want a current 2.4 kernel (2.4 is still being maintained and is better suited that 2.6), plus more current versions of the libs we're accustomed to (sdl, libc, libgcc, etc), so we can use dynamic linking without going through hoops, better bootscripts (more efficient = faster boot time, also make sure GP2XMENU is not involved in the boot proccess), improve Gmenu2x and make it the default menu, improve GPH devkit to use stuff like gcc 4.1.1 and glibc 2.4 so they can keep up with the times and build us better firmware, etc, etc. But some of this stuff I am working on myself, but it would be easier if GPH were involved.

KoH posted on Feb 8 2007 at 10:28 PM said:
Some new bob news for you.

The reason it has been held back is due to new features added to it that are not avalible on the uncased version.

GPH knew it would be bad for business if they released it early as everyone that has forked out for the uncovered version is going to be pretty pissed off when they find that the covered version has new features added to it, making what they paid for inferior to the new product.

It's sill going to be a while untill we see it released.

[gollum] You will see, oh yes you will see [/gollum]
How do you know that/what features?

Back