Wifi Mouse?

shmuck

Still Fresh
So the Pandora has wifi but no bluetooth - this seems like a fairly common arrangement amongst laptops and, as such, I had thought that there'd be a market for wifi mice. A cursory search, however, hasn't turned up anything. Do these exist? Does anyone know of one?

Just buy a USB Bluetooth dongle and connect it to the Pandora. They'll be supported for sure, and they're cheap.

Using a mouse on a screen so small will be a huge pain in the ass and having a dongle hanging from the machine even more cumbersome.... just use the touchscreen.

shmuck said:
So the Pandora has wifi but no bluetooth - this seems like a fairly common arrangement amongst laptops and, as such, I had thought that there'd be a market for wifi mice. A cursory search, however, hasn't turned up anything. Do these exist? Does anyone know of one?
Wifi is a wireless networking protocol. It is not designed for or capable of connecting peripherals.

Adding bluetooth via USB should be relatively painless. Just wait for somebody to sort out a driver and make sure you get a dongle with the appropriate chipset. If we're lucky, we'll get one of the really small ones working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mouse works fairly well on small screens. It's like the WiiMote. You can't imagine yourself until you try for yourself.

I'd just use a USB mouse. You can get the micro ones for a few bucks. (They type they give away at trade expos)

If one would be determined to use a wireless mouse on the pandora, it would be possible to forward the output of the mouse device from one computer over the wifi to the pandora (similar to how one can use the IRex Illiad as a wacom tablet for a computer).

Openmoko (with it's 2 3d accelerometers) might be suitable to be used as a mouse for the pandora.

Or just use a usb mouse/tiny bluetooth dongle.

javaJake said:
As far as I know, the fact that that device supports Mac OSX is a good sign, since Mac OSX is a cousin of Linux.
It's a Bluetooth stick. It's supposed to work on anything that has a regular BT stack, or it would violate the specifications.

javaJake said:
Well, you know how specifications+businesses go... ;)
Ahh... Dragging the real world into a discussion, I see? How very clever, Mr javaJake, but we'll see how you fare against my...

... evil sharks with friggin' lasers!!!!

Mwuhahahahahaahh!!!!

(by the way, the sharks were programmed with the help of OOXML files! Hahahahahaahh!!!)

PS: I lost my Dr Evil soundbyte, but work with me on this one, okay people?

Karel Jansens said:
Ahh... Dragging the real world into a discussion, I see? How very clever, Mr javaJake, but we'll see how you fare against my...

... evil sharks with friggin' lasers!!!!

Mwuhahahahahaahh!!!!
That's no match against my...

EXTENDED HARMLESS_SHARK OBJECT with the lasers method OVERWRITTEN!

Eeeeeee-hehehehehehe-eeeee!!!

Back