Wifi issues?

maddis

Website
www.ringtonesheep.co.uk
Finally got my pandora today, turned it on, toggled the WiFi in system but i am having difficulty connecting to my wireless network

It keeps coming up with the 'Authentication required by wireless network' dialogue and keeps asking me to specify the WPA & WPA2 Personal key. I am definitely specifying the correct key. Can anyone help?

Finally got my pandora today, turned it on, toggled the WiFi in system but i am having difficulty connecting to my wireless network

It keeps coming up with the 'Authentication required by wireless network' dialogue and keeps asking me to specify the WPA & WPA2 Personal key. I am definitely specifying the correct key. Can anyone help?
Are you using the right encryption? Your router might be using WEP so change the WPA setting to WEP.

Upgrade to hotfix 5. I'm assuming you haven't because what you're describing was common in the older hotfixes that was (theoretically) fixed with newer drivers.

If you have upgraded to hotfix 5 then... uh... I'll get back to you on that.

first you should try unencrypting your connection, for testing purposes, there's been a handful of bad wifi chips recently
You're right. If he or she just received the Pandora then it's most likely a bad WiFi chip.
Craig explained that the bad wifi chips would look like they were functioning, but would not find any hotspots. maddis says he can see the hotspot, just can't connect to it, so that rules out that particular wifi problem.

Plus, there were only 10 of them that went out in that batch. Why do you keep assuming that everyone with a wifi problem is in that 10?

first you should try unencrypting your connection, for testing purposes, there's been a handful of bad wifi chips recently
You're right. If he or she just received the Pandora then it's most likely a bad WiFi chip.
Craig explained that the bad wifi chips would look like they were functioning, but would not find any hotspots. maddis says he can see the hotspot, just can't connect to it, so that rules out that particular wifi problem.

Plus, there were only 10 of them that went out in that batch. Why do you keep assuming that everyone with a wifi problem is in that 10?

Not completely true, I was (as far as I'm aware) the first to receive one of these units/post about this issue and I could see both my own AP and neighbouring ones, but I was/am unable to connect to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not completely true, I was (as far as I'm aware) the first to receive one of these units/post about this issue and I could see both my own AP and neighbouring ones, but I was/am unable to connect to them.
Then you don't have the problem Craig was talking about, or Craig didn't explain the problem properly. How do you know you've got one of the faulty modules?

Then you don't have the problem Craig was talking about, or Craig didn't explain the problem properly. How do you know you've got one of the faulty modules?

Because it doesn't connect to any AP's?

I received my pandora on sat. Its fine when i remove the wep key security from the router. I will post a detailed break down tonight when i get home.

As for the hotfix, it has hotfix 5 installed already from what i have seen

Just change your router to WPA, it's fully supported by the Pandora
wink.gif

And better than WEP too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back