Wifi cannot talk to wifi?

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
So here's an interesting thing that just popped up. My Pandora can no longer ping any wireless device on my network, nor can any other wifi device ping my Pandora, be it laptop, beagleboard, or NDS with Linux. My Pandora can ping my router and wired devices, and my wired devices can in turn ping my Pandora, and my non-Pandora devices can all ping each other, but just today my Pandora has decided it'll play invisible with all other wireless devices on my network. Used to work fine. It is very strange. Nothing has changed as far as I can tell. Double checked the IPs. No idea.

Any thoughts?

Some routers have a AP client isolation feature, WRT54G has it in the advanced setup. You can also define this based on a specified IP/IP Range/Mac depending on sophistication of router.

Check if any of its configured on your router, your Pandora may have been allocated a DHCP address that falls within range.

My router sometimes does/did some weird things when it runs/ran forever, like denying access to a machine for no apparent reason. All the problems were always fixed with a reset (a turn on - turn off, not a complete reset).

Ahh, thanks! That was the one thing that had "changed" I guess. There was a power outage early yesterday morning which caused my router to reset. I didn't really think of it as potentially causing a problem, but I really should have. I guess it didn't quite come back properly. A simple reset (the first thing I should have tried, I'm a derp) and it's back to normal!

Back