WiFi problem

DrKlaw

Hi all,

I've been having some issues with my WiFi on a unit I received this month (after CC had solved the previous WiFi woes). I don't think it's hardware related at all.

When d/l'ing larger files, like OpenOffice for PanDebian, the WiFi would just stop working. I think I read something like this happening elsewhere (can't seem to find the post at the moment). I started pinging my gateway at the same time to see if I could see if it would give me any clues. It did. Right before it stopped working, the ping train gave this line for awhile:

ping: sendmsg: No buffer space available

and after about 20 or so of these, this:

ping: sendmsg: Network is unreachable

I read that I might be able to fix this here.

by executing this:

sysctl -w net.core.rmem_max=8388608

sysctl -w net.core.wmem_max=8388608

sysctl -w net.core.rmem_default=65536

sysctl -w net.core.wmem_default=65536

sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_rmem='4096 87380 8388608'

sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_wmem='4096 65536 8388608'

sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_mem='8388608 8388608 8388608'

sysctl -w net.ipv4.route.flush=1

but I am a bit of a Linux noob and I would like to see if anyone else has seen/solved this before tinkering with system settings.

Thanks

That seems to have worked. Is there a way to make this run every time you boot up the pandora ?

cant you set the command to auto run via xfce startup items?

in preferences > settings manager > session and startup > application autostart > add a new entry and enter the command and name it as a wifi fix

Last edited by a moderator:
For putting this in startup, I think you need to have it be:

gksudo "iwconfig wlan0 power off rate 54M"

This will popup a GUI to enter the root password. Otherwise, you won't see the prompt since the terminal won't be shown.

Back