Why Was My Avatar Changed????

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TelcoLou

Seriously; I don't really mind, but whty was it replaced with the offensive line "Hot-linking-BITCH"

I'm genuinely offended by the use of that word, as I NEVER use it in every-day speech. A simple "Your animated .gif was too big" would have sufficed.

No need for the insult. <_<

I see, then. Sorry if I inadvertantly offended anyone here.

(I may be old, but I'm still a n00b ... )

sorry again ;)

I don't know...I found some funny-looking Capt. Kirk image ... I won't err again.

Yeah, it won't be someone here. It'll be someone who's annoyed that their bandwidth money is going on more than just their site. That's understandable, but then so is your mistake - it's one of those etiquette things most people don't even realise could be a problem.

I used to block hotlinking from my site for exactly this sort of reason - it's annoying to go over your quota, and then find it's because your images are being loaded by everyone who visits a load of messageboards you've never even heard of! The simple answer is to host the image yourself if you're not sure.

They probably needn't have been quite so vitriolic though!
:)

edit - just checked my site's access logs: I might have to start blocking again. Don't worry though, my 'blocked' image was friendlier. :D

i dont get how bitch is offensive......at all......
just cos u dont use the damn word, y the hell dus it become offensive....

In the way the word bitch was used is just a name, nuthin more.

If simple things like that offende u then you need to just fall off the face of the earth.

sereiously....

Keithmcfc posted on Jul 19 2004 at 11:52 PM said:

If simple things like that offende u then you need to just fall off the face of the earth.

sereiously....
Fuck you, bitch.

There, now aren't you offended? Learn to spell, and perhaps I'll take you seriously.

Bitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
see look at mine its actually from my website but its a free one from angelfire it used to work but now they blocked it and i cant be arsed changin it

TelcoLou posted on Jul 19 2004 at 11:22 PM said:
Keithmcfc posted on Jul 19 2004 at 11:52 PM said:

sereiously....
Fuck you, bitch.

There, now aren't you offended? Learn to spell, and perhaps I'll take you seriously.

Bitch.
no i aint offended, oh and i really cant be assed spelling properly, its only you.

You aint worth it lmao

LOL

I'm fine with it, though I'm a bit miffed at that other joker telling me I should not be offended by someone calling me a bitch.

I understand now what happened, and apologised, even See:

Posted on Jul 19 2004, 10:11 PM

sorry again

... then this jackass comes along spelling like he was kicked out of kindergarten, telling me to fall off the face of the earth.

Usually discussions about the GP32 community and it's members are kept in General Talk, but this one was actually whining about a moderator decision (furthermore an admin decision, we can't change avatars). So it goes into "Suggestions" ;)

LOL

Okay, I'll say it once more:

"I'm sorry"

Seriously, I am very sorry I brought it up.

TelcoLou posted on Jul 20 2004 at 12:23 AM said:
LOL

I'm fine with it, though I'm a bit miffed at that other joker telling me I should not be offended by someone calling me a bitch.

I understand now what happened, and apologised, even See:

Posted on Jul 19 2004, 10:11 PM

sorry again 

... then this jackass comes along spelling like he was kicked out of kindergarten, telling me to fall off the face of the earth.
You should not be offended by someone calling you are bitch, cos you are one.

You are bitching about someone changeing you avatar, when no one really gives a fuck.

just change it and get one with your life.

bitch

What the hell is going on here? :angry:
Go fight somewhere else, but before that someone has to grow up.
Topic: off.

You should be thankful that I don't show up here more often :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back