Votes: 47 68.1%
  • Because its cheaper

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • other

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Because i cant play a certain game in my language

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters

+1 though i also like revisiting some of the past gems and also want to play some recommended games that i never got around to playing, im too old to be spending money on video games, but im not nearly old enough to spend time on them
Since when was there an age limit on paying for video games? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
since the day i havent made 6 figures, but then again i do have the money to spend on music cds, and i also pirate the crap out of those, so i guess its just personal choices, and music happens to come before computer software for me i guess

Hell, I never paid for video games when I was young, now they are a regular part of my budget!

- i have searched a solution to play my old Gameboygames whitout the need for batteries and whit screen light..

It's from the first page, but I wanted to say it :p I had the same problem for a while......

jd5.jpg

You need this option:

[x] Because even if I made a portable unit like Ben Heck I'd still have to lug around hundreds of gianormous carts.
It isn't very common anymore but I was told that if it isn't on the original system then it isn't 100% accurate. I was one of my first friends to use emulation when I was in junior high and everyone pointed out that the sound wasn't good or the colors were off and I was like 'oh well'. I think when the wii started using emulation for the virtual console it was suddenly ok to emulate.

EDIT: Also forgot this one:

[x] Because I left my entire video game collection at my parents and don't want to visit them every time I want to ply.

I have a LOT of video games but live in a small space so they live with my parents. For me it is impossible to play them without emulation even if I wanted to. I fear the day my parents move or die because I'll have to sort out all my games and rent a space to put them or sell them. I've gotten rid of my entire child hood pretty much so I wouldn't have to deal with storage. Add up how much storage costs every year for 20 years and you'll do the same. My video games I just could not get rid of, it is like they are a part of me so they are in my parents basement living in 8 totes.

EDIT EDIT: I guess if my parents died my video game collection would be the least of my troubles, that sounded a little harsh.

You need this option:

It isn't very common anymore but I was told that if it isn't on the original system then it isn't 100% accurate. I was one of my first friends to use emulation when I was in junior high and everyone pointed out that the sound wasn't good or the colors were off and I was like 'oh well'. I think when the wii started using emulation for the virtual console it was suddenly ok to emulate.

EDIT: Also forgot this one:

I have a LOT of video games but live in a small space so they live with my parents. For me it is impossible to play them without emulation even if I wanted to. I fear the day my parents move or die because I'll have to sort out all my games and rent a space to put them or sell them. I've gotten rid of my entire child hood pretty much so I wouldn't have to deal with storage. Add up how much storage costs every year for 20 years and you'll do the same. My video games I just could not get rid of, it is like they are a part of me so they are in my parents basement living in 8 totes.

EDIT EDIT: I guess if my parents died my video game collection would be the least of my troubles, that sounded a little harsh.
that all depends...is your gaming collection modded?

You know what I do? Pack light. When you get your Pandora, sell off anything that can't be played on it, with the possible exception of multiplayer games.

that all depends...is your gaming collection modded?
What do you mean? Do you mean if my systems are modded to play copied or foreign games? None of my systems are modded.

@ Blue Protoman: I've tried before but can't bring myself to sell it. Most of what I collect are not worth much anyway, very few in box, I just have them so I don't have to steal them to play them. I went through and got rid of doubles and triples but I still have a ton. I've been putting it off for like 10 years. My parents bugged me about my stuff after I moved out so I got rid of EVERYTHING but my Lego(have that with me) and my huge game collection. I even got rid of my music but that was easy, ripped it and gave it all away. I think I'd feel better if I had a retrode, that would back up most of my games. If it is ever in question if they are stolen or not I can at least have show them my retrode and say I ripped them from my collection.

I hate copyright law, it makes everything so difficult. Most of my collection is over 14 years old, wish copyright still said everything older than 14 years is public domain.

I sold a few of my GBA games (The Harry Potter games both sucked a lot, and Super Mario Advance was too difficult) and the others (original Golden Sun, Drome Racers, Hot Wheels) mysteriously went missing. I think Golden Sun 2 is the only GBA cart I have left, and my DS carts (though the DS games aren't really fun, just Mario stuff)

I emulate because my family can't keep track of its shit at all.

Exodus: If you don't wanna pirate games, fine. If you wanna get rid of your games, simply stick 'em all in a big bundle. They'll probably sell better.

Back