Why Can't The Gp2x Emulate The Ds?

taffy55

Still Fresh
So I'm just wondering why the GP2X can't emulate the DS. People ask about the n64 and the psx, which arent very possible. Isn't the DS a little more likely to happen than those other two? Besides, now that the F-200 has a touch screen... I mean, come on, what else are we going to do with that?

And I know that the DS has TWO screens, but if you've ever played the DS then you know that a lot of the games for it don't use both screens, or at least definitely don't need both.

Well, I was just wondering, like always. :)
Thanks.

The DS has 3D hardware. The GP2x does not.

THe DS has hardware 2D accelleration. The GP2X does not.

The DS has a ~90Mhz ARM processor. There wouldn't be enough processing time to run an adequate renderer while interpreting the data.

That, and, you know - the DS is a current console. Buy one! They're cheap!

back in the F100 mk1 days, it was all about "Can YoU 4Mu1473 N64 D00d?!1"

now it's DS mania =P

I really agree with Khatoblepas though

Just get a DS if that,s what you want =P

With about 10000+ games for the '2X, I won't be missing much =P

taffy55 said:
So I'm just wondering why the GP2X can't emulate the DS. People ask about the n64 and the psx, which arent very possible. Isn't the DS a little more likely to happen than those other two? Besides, now that the F-200 has a touch screen... I mean, come on, what else are we going to do with that?
The DS is a seriously beefed up GBA, and how well do we emulate GBA?

Yes, exactly.

Now move along please :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
taffy55 said:
The DS is a seriously beefed up GBA, and how well do we emulate GBA?

Yes, exactly.

Now move along please :)

Whoa whoa, guys. I already own all three (gp2x, ds, psp). I don't need it to be able to or anything, I was just wondering WHY it couldn't, okay?
I hope I cleared that up, I'm not stupid, just curious.
Otherwise, thanks for the answers! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the be-all and end-all is that most of us will be surprised if gba & / or snes emulation reaches a a decent level @ 200 mhz in the F-200's lifetime.

That is, of course, subjective and incredible progress has been made with both emus in the last 6 months or so.

To be honest - anything is possible in emulation! Remember ultrahle, impact, and now no&gba (for ds emus). They came out of nowhere and made miracles happen. God - cps2 & neo geo emulation on the gp2x is almost perfect for god's sake... never write these guys off!

any way... what was my point? lol!!

Back