Grin Fandango/Monkey Island 4 now possible?

relapse808

I was just thinking do you think it will now be possible to emulate these classics with the pandora? I know that Scummvm doesnt support them yet but I remember reading it will sometime in the future. I wonder if someone could write something that would emulate these 2 classic lucasarts game?

The ScummVM crew is working on the Grime engine, which these games use. Any questions on that are best directed to their site (& FAQ), as there will be no Pandora port until they have it working.

Pandora will have ports of ScummVM and FreeSCI before too long though, which gives you a lot of games to play in the meantime. :)

any confirmation or news that a pandora version of Scummvm is indeed in progress? or planned?

Warden said:
any confirmation or news that a pandora version of Scummvm is indeed in progress? or planned?

DJwillis has already report that its running on pandora but I not sure which version.

dsleaf67 said:
Warden said:

DJwillis has already report that its running on pandora but I not sure which version.

I have heard this as well. I am hoping its .12 version so that it has hand of fate and malcoms revenge support. I also also hoping that it has windows general midi support. Its missing from the zaurus and PPC versions I am currently using.

relapse808 said:
dsleaf67 said:
Warden said:

I have heard this as well. I am hoping its .12 version so that it has hand of fate and malcoms revenge support. I also also hoping that it has windows general midi support. Its missing from the zaurus and PPC versions I am currently using.

That would be delightful. I have not played a kyrandia game for probably 10 years!

Gruso said:
Check here for GP2X compatibility: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/GP2X/Compatibility

Compatibility on Pandora should look something like that.
Thank you for the link. "Curse of Monkey Island" and "The Feeble Files" are listed as unplayable for GP2X because they run at just 40% & 50% speed respectively. This would mean that they should be playable on the Pandora! :D Which is great news, since they're both wonderful games.

what about police quest, leisure suit larry and other sierra games, can they be played on the holy p&|a ?

zoppe said:
what about police quest, leisure suit larry and other sierra games, can they be played on the holy p&|a ?
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Sierra

ScummVM supports most Sierra games made before 1990, which include the first Police Quest & Leisure Suit Larry games. Beginning in 1988, Sierra switched to the SCI engine. These are not supported, but there's another program called FreeSCI that supports them which will hopefully be ported.

Yes indeedy. Between ScummVM and FreeSCI, just about everything Sierra from that era is covered. On the GP2X I've got SQ1 to 3, PQ1 & 2, KQ1 to 4, Larry 1 to 3, and Quest for Glory. Plus a heap of non-Sierra games. Pandora is going to eat this stuff up - with a fkn keyboard to boot. :D

zoppe said:
The interpreter for those games, Freesci, was ported by Hooka to the GP2x this week. Hooka preordered a Pandora. I think the chances are likely.

If they are working on the GrimE engine, shouldn't the Sith engine be possible? The GrimE engine is based off of it. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith would be amazing to have on the Pandora some day.

what kind of engine does "flight of the amazon queen" uses? does it have an open source interpreter? can it be run on the p&|a ?

thanks for all of the kind answers

auto answer: yes, yes and yes from the gp2x compatibility list. dumb question of mine.

That's playable in ScummVM, and also via Amiga emulation (which is yet another thing Pandora will excel at). I learned this just now, by Googling the game's name and reading the Wikipedia entry. ;)

Flight of the Amazon Queen is even freeware available for download on the ScummVM website. I'd say that's also good evidence that it works in ScummVM.

Me wonders if the extra power of Pandora will enable better emulation of the Broken Sword games than GP2x...?

Works perfectly on the PC apparently.

Oh, and bring on Sam and Max, sweet.

Back