Who's Staying?

What are you going to do?

• Total voters

1. Mali went overboard and acted way out of the comfort zone, if only he had just taken a step back as I had asked.
  2. Chip was an excellent mod but was too big for his boots when it came to the forum down time, which is a shame as I would love to have Chip back here as a mod.

mali said:
Oh the addicition, I can't stop posting. Craig is an incredible lyer, oh boy.

Well, I know Craig is not easy to deal with sometimes, but I'm sure you can prove somehow he's been lying to you or us?
Otherwise this would be a pretty bad accusation.
After all, you were accusing me for being not interested in gp32x.de at all and having a split tongue in the mod section, too.

but I tell you he's an evil man. All he wants is to sell his iCP and when they roll off the assembly line he will just drop you. And now just ban me, bloody lemmings :angry:

Craig is a business man and always had been one. He sold the GP32 (and made it quite popular outside Spain), and later the GP2X.
Yep, he lives from that, so he never basically wanted to sell his stuff (he needs to earn some money, you know?)

However, he's always supported his customers, the community (see for example the GBAX competitions, ask people who had broken units who he dealt with them).
What makes you think he's going to drop you afterwards? He never did this in the last 10 years.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
What makes you think he's going to drop you afterwards? He never did this in the last 10 years.
Craigx's biological and mental aging/crisises/illness. There a speared tons of ways that could affect his behavior.

Maybe poisouned plastic coffer already shrouds his skin due to avoiding selling the Caanoo.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
mali said:

Well, I know Craig is not easy to deal with sometimes, but I'm sure you can prove somehow he's been lying to you or us?
After all, you were accusing me for being not interested in gp32x.de at all and having a split tongue in the mod section, too.

but I tell you he's an evil man. All he wants is to sell his iCP and when they roll off the assembly line he will just drop you. And now just ban me, bloody lemmings :angry:

Craig is a business man and always had been one. He sold the GP32 (and made it quite popular outside Spain), and later the GP2X.
Yep, he lives from that, so he never basically wanted to sell his stuff (he needs to earn some money, you know?)

However, he's always supported his customers, the community (see for example the GBAX competitions, ask people who had broken units who he dealt with them).
ED I think some people were just angry and looking to lash out, you were just a target for many reasons, 1. Some people think you own the boards. 2. You know Craig and are a seller and have been closely involved with the project.

It's a shame you feel the need to defend yourself here, you are a pillar of this community and in no way needs any hassle whatsoever.

I will be watching for slander on the forums, not only about you but of all OpenPandora related staff and if I find repeated offenders, flames and bad mouthing, I will deal with it correctly. I prefer Unity between the forums and not war.

Clare said:
I prefer Unity between the forums and not war.
Thou shall really tolerate the parasitic existence of those separatists?

Two forums will only increase tension which will oscilate until total anihilation of gp32x.de

I suppose craigx is only a pawn in Evil Dragon scheme. When pandora will collapse there will be a one craigix to be blamed.

^I don't get it either. But PV was alright sometimes, so I approve of that.
Anyway, no mod will feel guilt at banning either of them at any sign of trouble, so we're all good.

Clare said:
It's a shame you feel the need to defend yourself here, you are a pillar of this community and in no way needs any hassle whatsoever.
I will be watching for slander on the forums, not only about you but of all OpenPandora related staff and if I find repeated offenders, flames and bad mouthing, I will deal with it correctly. I prefer Unity between the forums and not war.
Well said, this is what we need.

Quasist just felt my banhammer. I personally can't stand his posts.

If you feel like I'm wrong to do so though, speak up. This board is what you make it, after all.

I actually think Mali did it just to purposefully throw some anti-Pandora troll on the fire to try to get people to feel more like moving to the other forums. I remember this one time on IRC several years the ops felt like the channel had gone to hell and decided to make someone really awful a new op just so they can watch it burn. That kind of stuff really bothered me back then. But I don't really know if that's what's going on now.

PoisonedV isn't any better, almost every post he made for the last several months before he was banned was nothing but trolling and flame baiting. But enh, not my call.

I'll give him a week or so to prove he's not going to be a massive prick. I think that's fair.

Clare said:
That would be a little bit childish, and not something I would expect from our own board members.
You have (in my opinion) overly high expectations of our board members.

Nova said:

If you feel like I'm wrong to do so though, speak up. This board is what you make it, after all.
I don't really think you should ban him because you can't stand his posts. GP32X has gotten kind of depressing what with the Pandora boards moving and quasists posts usually brighten my day. After all, laughter is the best [ spam word ] (well that and aspirin).

Crunchwrap said:
Nova said:

I don't really think you should ban him because you can't stand his posts. GP32X has gotten kind of depressing what with the Pandora boards moving and quasists posts usually brighten my day. After all, laughter is the best [ spam word ] (well that and aspirin).
Yeah, I agree. There are bad trolls, and then there are amusing trolls, and those are the kind that are nice to keep around. Makes me happier to see him and PV back.

Also, laughter is the best spam word apparently. I wonder why aspirin isn't censored, but m*dicine is? :lol:

Clare said:
EvilDragon said:
mali said:

ED I think some people were just angry and looking to lash out, you were just a target for many reasons, 1. Some people think you own the boards. 2. You know Craig and are a seller and have been closely involved with the project.

+1 from me

Nobody can dispute ED's integrity in all of this, he is indeed a pillar, and a post for that matter.

Craig is a bit like the grumpy uncle at the family BBQ - sure, he can be a little terse at times, perhaps a bit insensitive and maybe even politically incorrect, but you just gotta love him :)

cheers, simon

torpor said:
I wish that every single byte of message text in this thread was code instead.

I wish you would shut the fuck up about that already.

Code:
I wish you would shut the fuck up about that already.

I understand why it might upset you that I suggest a more productive solution to the problems in this community, namely that people should just get on with doing cool new things with their hardware instead of arguing with each other all the time.

And I wish you would put your talents to use making cool things instead of engaging in politics all the freakin' time. I've lost faith in you, anyway.

But then again, we may not all be into this scene for the same reasons, after all, and I respect that you might prefer to have thread after thread of flame war about some general rubbish rather than forwarding the platform, as it were ..

Whining about every last person not coding is not a "solution" to anything. It's just whining. Most people aren't programmers. You're just being an elitist snob about it. You think you're above all of the negativity and flaming and whatever but you've consistently been an active contributor to it.

You've "lost faith in me." Big deal. You're a dick torpor. I hope you aren't actually made a mod.

Exophase said:
Whining about every last person not coding is not a "solution" to anything.

I fail to see what you've solved in the last 24 hours, Exophase.

Anyway, welcome to my ignore list, dude.

Back